Author Topic: Mental health thread + General health thread  (Read 1205 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Mental health thread + General health thread
« on: October 15, 2017, 08:14:45 PM »
i thought it would be good to open up a thread about general health advice (disclaimer - always best to see a doctor in person), Between us all 1,500+ site members and +150 regular posters, there is a vast array of life experiences which can help each other out.

Also as per the title, if you are feeling NQR mentally within yourself please know you are by far not alone and help is not far away at all. There are many reasons, causes and triggers for mental health problems.

its a strange thing to experience (Ive been there - believe me), almost bizaar to recognise and understand in the middle of it all.

Often its a combination of family genetics, lifes difficulties and your own limits. But also often in the middle of it all, its just a strange feeling that doesnt feel right and you dont pick up on it until well down the track.

if you are reading this and maybe it is dawning on you that this sounds familiar, please know you are not alone.

And there is no financial barrier for seeking proper treatment/help. if you see your local GP and seek a referral under the Better Access Programs, you are eligible for 6-10 low cost professional help sessions.

http://www.mindhealthconnect.org.au/low-cost-or-free-mental-health-services

As a generel resource, the following is also very helpful.

https://www.beyondblue.org.au

if in doubt, talk to someone you trust about how you feel.

👍

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Mental health thread + General health thread
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:12:24 PM »
Can you tell me, why I still can't get to sleep?

And why the Channel Seven chopper chills me to my feet?

And what's this rash that comes and goes, can you tell me what it means?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.