Author Topic: Well known and famous Tiger supporters  (Read 134313 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Well known and famous Tiger supporters
« Reply #345 on: January 21, 2019, 03:46:42 AM »
Catherine Durkin (Fox Sports)

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #346 on: January 21, 2019, 04:42:05 AM »
Tiger Ash Barty  :thumbsup has saved everyone from needing anymore ear plugs at the Oz Open.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #347 on: January 21, 2019, 05:08:29 AM »
UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov has landed in Melbourne for the next leg of his holiday-cum-promotional tour - just days after he shot down suggestions of a rematch against Conor McGregor.

Nurmagomedov was seen arriving at the city's airport before hugging and chatting with Richmond Tigers AFL player Bachar Houli on Sunday.

Flanked by private security throughout his tour of Australia, Nurmagomedov is one of the world's biggest names in sport.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6611877/UFC-fighter-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-touches-Australia-days.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2019, 05:04:34 PM »
Ricciardo hoped his change from a Red Bull red uniform to a combination that will excite Richmond fans would be supported by a home crowd.

“I would be happy to see some yellow and black in the stands — get around it, get me some yellow,’’ he said.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/aussie-f1-star-daniel-ricciardo-calls-on-fans-for-support/news-story/30818f0a0b6f11b9346ea6a987c6209e

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2019, 05:41:40 PM »
Yellow & Blue is more his style.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #350 on: February 14, 2019, 08:03:20 PM »
Ricciardo hoped his change from a Red Bull red uniform to a combination that will excite Richmond fans would be supported by a home crowd.

“I would be happy to see some yellow and black in the stands — get around it, get me some yellow,’’ he said
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/aussie-f1-star-daniel-ricciardo-calls-on-fans-for-support/news-story/30818f0a0b6f11b9346ea6a987c6209e

Pity he isn't a Tiger fan

For memory he is the Eagles number 1 ticket holder
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
How China nearly ruined Barty’s Tiger dream (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #352 on: March 03, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »
How China nearly ruined Barty’s Tiger dream

Jon Anderson,
Herald Sun
March 3, 2019

You know how AFL clubs love to dress up bemused celebrities in their club colours? Well, take it as written that Ash Barty isn’t one of them.

From ABBA and John McEnroe (Carlton), Mr Bean (Collingwood), Sofia Vergara (Sydney) and Condoleezza Rice (Adelaide), it’s long been a favourite pastime at clubland even if the people in question couldn’t be less interested.

And then there is passionate Richmond fan Barty, 22, who bleeds yellow and black for her beloved Tigers as she explained to Jon Anderson this week.

Jon Anderson: How does a Queenslander end up barracking for the Tigers?

Ash Barty: It started with Dad who supports West Tigers in the NRL, so it was natural to follow Richmond. The Tigers keep me sane when I’m overseas. I will be playing in the US when the AFL season begins but my coach is a Carlton supporter so we will have our customary bottle of red on the outcome.
Ash Barty and her new Richmond jumper are ready for the 2019 season.

JA: You should have an overflowing cellar by now.

AB: Exactly. I watch Richmond regardless of where I am in the world.

JA: Including the 2017 Grand Final?

AB: I was in the middle of China and because of internet security I couldn’t watch it live so I FaceTimed my mum and watched it that way. Mum kept trying to talk and I kept telling her to talk after the game. It was bloody good.

JA: And now you’ve got your own jumper?

AB: I have an array of Richmond guernseys at home. I have Cotch’s (Trent Cotchin) 2015 jumper hanging up and all the Dreamtime jumpers.

JA: Now Ash, can you do one thing for us and crack the top 10 in the rankings this year?

AB: Don’t worry, I’m absolutely desperate to do that.

Australian tennis star and raging Richmond fan Ash Barty has signed on as the Tigers’ first ever women’s football member ahead of the team’s inclusion in the AFLW next season.

The Tigers, who have already passed 85,000 members for this season, have launched the new Women’s Football Foundation Membership for those wanting to back the team’s new women’s side.

Those who join up will also get access to three AFL games at the MCG this year, and every dollar of profit made from the sale of Richmond AFLW memberships will be poured back in the women’s football program at the club.

“Our members and supporters have given our men’s football program great passion and loyalty over our long history, so it’s exciting that we can offer new opportunities for them, as well as engage new fans to support our women’s football program,” Tigers CEO Brendon Gale said.

Richmond will enter the AFLW next season along with Gold Coast, West Coast and St Kilda.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/aussie-tennis-star-and-passionate-richmond-fan-ash-barty-signs-on-as-tigers-womens-footy-member/news-story/14719866d46bc37ae6204b882112b10d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #353 on: March 17, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »
FB: You are a huge supporter of the Richmond Football Club. Are yoursons following in your footsteps?

Mick Molloy: They are little Richmond fans, they go every week with me.

The first questions they are ask every weekend is did the Tigers win and did the Pies lose. I am so proud. They are little Tigers and I love it.

FB: I am surprised one of them was not called Dusty (after Dustin Martin).

MM: I would have if I could have. I suggested it (but) it was knocked back at the time, quite quickly and without negotiation.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/fiona-byrne-mick-molloy-talks-about-life-as-a-dad-and-what-the-future-holds/news-story/2cd9be889a51a04d47d5779ec9fa8d39

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2019, 02:01:10 PM »
Funniest part of that is his kids don't even bother to ask if Carlton lost....... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2019, 02:03:13 PM »
Plenty of Yellow and Black around sth melbourne - Looks great  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2019, 03:05:31 PM »
Barty is two wins away from ending Australia’s 46-year French Open drought after storming into the Roland Garros semi-finals.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/swoop/french-open-quarterfinal-ash-barty-v-madison-keys/news-story/8046e2689cb8f73ee867e3f85e822fa9

Go Ash!

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #357 on: June 07, 2019, 09:15:47 PM »
Ash into the final now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2019, 11:22:34 AM »
What a legend.

The lads could learn a thing or two from her.

Go Ash!