Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match presser  (Read 1061 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's post-match presser
« on: August 27, 2020, 10:48:17 PM »
Snippet from Ch7:

* Impressed with our endeavour & pressure.

* We were able to deny them their marking game.

* To be fair they weren't at their best and we know they have improvement still left in them. We can play better too and also have important left in us.

* Lynch & Jack very important tonight. If they didn't mark it they brought it to ground. 

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Hardwick's post-match presser
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:45:06 PM »
Last point is so true. Only 4 intercept marks all game  :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick's post-match presser
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 04:36:05 AM »
Hardwick hails hard-working Tigers

“I was really pleased with our players’ endeavour and especially our pressure, which was over two throughout the night,” Hardwick said.

“West Coast, if they get to play the game their way, are really damaging. Time in possession is how they play, and uncontested marks. And we denied that a little bit tonight . . .

“We’re starting to play some really good footy.

“A lot of our indicators are pretty solid. There’s a couple of them that are not quite to the level we’d like, but we’re building on those and getting towards our best footy . . .

“West Coast are a great side. Did they play their best tonight? No, they didn’t. And, we’re probably a little bit the same.

“I think both of us have got significant areas of improvement . . . We’ll continue to get better.”

A key factor in the Tigers’ success on the night was being able to nullify the elite intercepting capacity of key Eagle defenders Jeremy McGovern and Tom Barrass.

“I thought our key forwards, Jack (Riewoldt) and Tom (Lynch), were incredible,” Hardwick said.

“They didn’t take a lot of marks between them, but it was more about not getting outmarked, which was really important . . .

Those guys battled really, really well.

“I think they (West Coast defenders) only took four MOP’s (intercepts) for the game and two contested marks through the night.

“We knew if we got the ball to ground, we’d be a chance.

“So, the plan worked tonight. It hasn’t worked previous times we’ve played them, but we were lucky with that tonight.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/802544/hardwick-hails-hard-working-tigers