Author Topic: The Rover's 2018 AFL predictions: Richmond (SportingNews)  (Read 2481 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Rover's 2018 AFL predictions: Richmond (SportingNews)
« on: December 31, 2017, 08:53:57 PM »
The Rover's 2018 AFL predictions: Richmond

The Rover
sportingnews.com
31 December 2017

Which way are they heading:
Is it fair to say the only way is down for the Tigers? Was the premiership a fluke or foreseeable after four finals campaigns in five years? Either way they won’t be starting flag favourites and will probably sit in the bottom half of the eight.

The key to success is:
Not getting carried away with themselves, which may prove difficult to do when you’ve got more passionate supporters than Geez at Christmas. The flag-winning side is young and has a lot of upside, but all of that will amount to nothing if they think they’re going to get it easy in 2018.

Time to step up to the plate:
Daniel Rioli. He’s got the name, he’s got the moves, but as yet he hasn’t got the consistency. There’s no shortage of small forwards at Tigerland so ultimately they would like Rioli to move into the middle and there’s no better time than now.

The one to watch is:
Jack Higgins. Yet another small forward in a team stacked full of them it would seem Higgins is well down the pecking order, but expect him to leapfrog the rest very quickly. He’s a gun and will only crank up the craziness in Richmond’s front half.

It’s now or never for: Ben Griffiths. The Tigers’ recruiting would suggest they’ve still got faith in the often-concussed key forward, but even when his head’s clear Griffiths is no certain starter. The spot’s his for the taking, but if he hasn’t grabbed it by July it could be bye-bye.

The headline they want: Yellow and Back to Back

And the one they don’t: Normality Returns as the Tigers Finish Ninth

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/the-rovers-2018-afl-predictions-richmond-to-the-western-bulldogs-tigers-wset-coast-eagles-st-kilda-saints-sydney-swans/r1t6yyuv1ayn1fqb40qrml2yh

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Rover's 2018 AFL predictions: Richmond (SportingNews)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:48:12 PM »

Time to step up to the plate:[/b] Daniel Rioli. He’s got the name, he’s got the moves, but as yet he hasn’t got the consistency. There’s no shortage of small forwards at Tigerland so ultimately they would like Rioli to move into the middle and there’s no better time than now.

In regards to moving into the middle I have said as much in the past despite being shouted down by a self proclaimed expert

In regards to stepping up to the plate, like WTF kicking four goals ina prelim isn't stepping up to the plate?

And in regards to consistency he is consistent in his main KPI's i.e. Chasing pressure and tackling

If I didn't know better the big flog that wrote this actually posts on here

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 06:51:45 AM »
Yeah, Martin, Rance and Cotchin need to step up as well.

Really how does "Rover" get a 'dog' of an article like this published?

Sporting News is 'barking' up up the wrong tree. :lol

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
We should be flag favourites. We just won the bloody premiership and we drafted extremely well. Anyone not picking us top 4 is just a knob ;)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »
The rover must be a bitter North supporter.
Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »
The rover must be a bitter North supporter.

Or a melbourne, adelaide or geelong supporter

Theyre all melting that we won the flag

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 11:53:31 PM »
We should be flag favourites. We just won the bloody premiership and we drafted extremely well. Anyone not picking us top 4 is just a knob ;)

Yep. Keep 'em coming and we'll catch the comp napping again
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 09:16:17 AM »
lot of terrified rabbit hearts out there fearing a genuine Tiger revival
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 10:59:33 AM »

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »

People dropping us another 4 spots on the ladder due to jealousy.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 04:41:29 PM »

Time to step up to the plate:[/b] Daniel Rioli. He’s got the name, he’s got the moves, but as yet he hasn’t got the consistency. There’s no shortage of small forwards at Tigerland so ultimately they would like Rioli to move into the middle and there’s no better time than now.

In regards to moving into the middle I have said as much in the past despite being shouted down by a self proclaimed expert

In regards to stepping up to the plate, like WTF kicking four goals ina prelim isn't stepping up to the plate?

And in regards to consistency he is consistent in his main KPI's i.e. Chasing pressure and tackling

If I didn't know better the big flog that wrote this actually posts on here

Not to mention he's going to have a late start to the season. Bit stiff to expect someone who admittedly has struggled finding the ball at times to transition into the midfield after an injury cruelled pre-season

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »
We are definitely a top 4 side if we can keep our heads, which i expect we will, i think we are looking at an era of success.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.