Author Topic: The Next Three  (Read 514 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
The Next Three
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:29:08 AM »
With four wins on the trot and looking to continue building momentum we are faced with the next three matches.

7 Sunday, May 6 Fremantle, MCG (Home) 1:10pm, Foxtel
8 Sunday, May 13 North Melbourne, Etihad Stadium (Away), 1:10pm Foxtel
9 Sunday, May 20 West Coast Eagles, Perth Stadium (Away), 2:40pm Foxtel

Freo has always seems to trouble us when we've been "expected" to win particularly when we've played at the MCG.
N0rf despise us and as we know play their Granny against us, in fact IMO their recent spike in form is one built on "if Richmond can do it, we can too" but they will run out of steam by seasons end. I have no doubt they are already itching to play this encounter against us.
Eagles, our first encounter at the New stadium playing against another form team.

My opionion is that playing two games in a week will catch up with us, so if its not this weekend with a Freo stopping our unbeaten run at the MCG then I could almost envision( the past creeps in) a really flat output at Etihad against the dumpsteroos.

So how will we fare?
Will we win all three? Drop one or two?
What are your thoughts?

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: The Next Three
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 10:06:05 AM »
all conjecture and fluff but here goes
7 Sunday, May 6 Fremantle, MCG (Home) 1:10pm, Foxtel RFC by 37pts
8 Sunday, May 13 North Melbourne, Etihad Stadium (Away), 1:10pm Foxtel RFC by 37 pts
9 Sunday, May 20 West Coast Eagles, Perth Stadium (Away), 2:40pm Foxtel RFC by 2 pts

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 10:23:37 AM »
If we can win 2 of 3, that is a good outcome.  If we win all 3, we can start planning September.  If we win 1 of 3, Houston we have a problem.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 10:53:53 AM »
I'm not drinking the bath water but I now accept we are a dominant football team and we are just starting to crank things up .

The real question is not will we win - but how long can teams stick with us before they get blown away .

My biggest fear is we will do a "Collingwood 2011" and one poor quarter will cost us a flag .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 07:23:10 PM »
I think we will go 3-0

The Eagles are the only possible danger in that trio, and only because the game is in the West.

Personally I think the Eagles are flat track bullies and given their good start are likely to make the finals but not do much in September.

Freo have been hit by injury and we owe them one. Only concern here is that we might have some players who will struggle to come up for a 3rd game in 13 days. Will be interested to see how we manage this.

Roos are gutsy, but not enough talent to trouble the better sides.

Lebowski

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 07:38:53 PM »
we as a footy club look at games in blocks of 4 dont we?

We have 2 left in the current block of 4 freo and nort, win win.