Author Topic: Dion Prestia on SEN  (Read 1336 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dion Prestia on SEN
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:42:35 AM »
Dion Prestia on Time On with Sam McClure - Wednesday 18th July [ 9 min ]

AUDIO: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=256875

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
I understand Lynch’s current situation: Prestia (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 11:44:22 AM »
I understand Lynch’s current situation: Prestia

By Alex Zaia
SEN
19 July 2018

Richmond midfielder Dion Prestia says he understands the situation Gold Coast co-captain Tom Lynch is in at the moment as the big decision over his future looms.

Prestia left the Suns at the end of the 2016 season to join the Tigers and played a starring role in the club’s drought breaking premiership in his first season at Punt Road.

With Lynch sidelined for the rest of the year due to a PCL injury and intense speculation surrounding his next move, the former Sun believes it will give him time to weigh up his future without the added distraction of having to play each week.

“I’ve tried to stay out of it is as much as I can,” Prestia told SEN’s Time On.

“I know how hard it is to make the decision and I’d say it would be harder for him being captain and being up there for a couple more years than I was.

“I understand the situation he’s in and it is very similar to me, I went in for surgery in about Round 14 the year that I Ieft.

“He’ll really be able to think of his decision and he won’t have to get ready for a game and having that kind of distraction, he’ll be able to think about his choice with his family.

“I just hope he makes the right one that’s going to help him.”

Having been drafted to the expansion club together in 2010, Prestia revealed the pair forged a strong bond as they both adapted to life away from their native state of Victoria.

“We obviously don’t talk as much as what we used to when I was there,” he added.

“Every time I’m on the Gold Coast I usually see him as well as the other boys that we grew up with.

“Because it was such a different environment on the Gold Coast and there was about 20 of us that were 18 who were going there and we were really close.

"That’s all we really had up there, we didn’t have our families around or anything so I feel like we got really close and got a really close bond with each other because it was just us really.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/18/i-understand-lynch's-current-situation-prestia/

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dion Prestia on SEN
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »
We're the new Carlton. Instead of GWS hacks, we're chasing all the Suns rejects. First Prestia and Caddy, and now Lynch. Where will it all end? Another 3-4 premierships?  :cheers

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Re: Dion Prestia on SEN
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 01:11:32 PM »
We're the new Carlton. Instead of GWS hacks, we're chasing all the Suns rejects. First Prestia and Caddy, and now Lynch. Where will it all end? Another 3-4 premierships?  :cheers

:clapping