Author Topic: How to build a premiership list: Richmond recruiting manager Matt Clarke (afl)  (Read 1989 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
PODCAST: http://audioboom.com/posts/6935055-road-to-the-2018-draft-ep-11-richmond-s-list

------------------------------------------------------------

PODCAST: How to build a premiership list

Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
Jul 18, 2018

GO INSIDE the mind of a recruiter on Grand Final day on this week's episode of Road to the Draft.

Richmond recruiting manager Matt Clarke joins the podcast as a guest and discusses last year's premiership win, how the Tigers built their flag list and how it was to watch the players they had drafted blossom on the biggest stage.

So how do the Tigers maintain the rage? Clarke chats about the club's recent batch of draftees and how it is planning its next premiership assault.

He also gives his take on who could be this year's No.1 draft pick.

In this week's episode ...

Callum Twomey and Nat Edwards are joined by Richmond's recruiting manager Matt Clarke. They discuss the Tigers' young stars, their potential chase of Gold Coast co-captain Tom Lynch, the club's plans after last year's premiership and his views on this year's draft pool.
Episode guide

3:30 – The premiership Tiger that Matt Clarke was most proud of

10:30 – How Richmond swooped on Jack Higgins at last year's draft

20:10 – Does winning the flag alter the club's recruiting strategy?

24:22 – Are the Tigers confident of securing Tom Lynch? Clarke discusses the club's off-season plans

28:50 – Clarke gives his take on wider recruiting issues, including his take on a mid-season trade period

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-17/podcast-how-to-build-a-premiership-list

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Really worth listening to Matt. I feel we are in pretty good hands nowdays and I think we all have to concede that Blair Hartley also knows what he is doing with regard to list management. The future looks very rosy indeed.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Really worth listening to Matt. I feel we are in pretty good hands nowdays and I think we all have to concede that Blair Hartley also knows what he is doing with regard to list management now that Balmey is there to guide him & reign him in. The future looks very rosy indeed.

e.f.a  :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Really worth listening to Matt. I feel we are in pretty good hands nowdays and I think we all have to concede that Blair Hartley also knows what he is doing with regard to list management now that Balmey is there to guide him & reign him in. The future looks very rosy indeed.

e.f.a  :shh

Pay that  :clapping :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)