Author Topic: Richmond vs Essendon @ the M.C.G., Rnd 22, 2018  (Read 8265 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Essendon @ the M.C.G., Rnd 22, 2018
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2018, 06:40:45 PM »
No it wasn't. What bollocks. If it had happened on the boundary, no way Little Mr. Look at Me awards a free. :shh

Actually he would, would have called deliberate or holding the ball

Which again would be the right call.

If it was a Bu,bling player who did what Briad did, everyome would be screaming it should have been a free

The umps got a lot wrong on Friday night but that one they got very right. Said it on the night happened right in front of us, right decision
Don’t agree at all WP.
And neither did Wayne Carey on the broadcast.
When the ball crosses the line, it’s dead and if it’s not a free kick for running it through, than it’s a point as you are allowed to gather the footy, get tackled and basically fall across the line.
That’s a point all day long imo.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2018, 06:55:51 PM »
You don't have to dispose of the ball when the ball crosses the goal line :shh

Ummm you nnned to make sort of effort when you've taken 7 steps to get to the goal line

He didn't take 7 steps :shh
He tried to make it look as though he was dodging the tackler, he was then tackled on an angle where the Essendon player threw him over the line. :shh Had the goal line not been there...holding the ball. But it was, so it's a point every day of the week unless it's Razor Ray umpiring... :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2018, 08:07:47 PM »
No it wasn't. What bollocks. If it had happened on the boundary, no way Little Mr. Look at Me awards a free. :shh

If it was a Bu,bling player who did what Briad did, everyome would be screaming it should have been a free

The umps got a lot wrong on Friday night but that one they got very right. Said it on the night happened right in front of us, right decision
Don’t agree at all WP.
When the ball crosses the line, it’s dead and if it’s not a free kick for running it through, than it’s a point as you are allowed to gather the footy, get tackled and basically fall across the line.

Absolutely agree it was a point and an error from Ray.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2018, 09:13:23 PM »

Don’t agree at all WP.

Absolutely agree it was a point and an error from Ray.

Absolutelystuffingright happens all the time and go figure the first time it’s called like that is against Richmond

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2018, 04:49:07 PM »
Some concerns.

Lost contested.

Lost clearances.

Lost another last quarter.

Efficiency in F50 not good.

Need to fix these are at least breakeven.

we haven’t been as dominate.

Is it because we are managing players?

Mentally thinking of the QF?

We dominated them in the 2nd quarter and kicked 1.6 to their 2.1 and their two goals were snaps from the contest. We should have been 40/50 points up at three quarter time. Have a look at the quarter time stats for the amount of play and possessions and inside 50 count for that quarter.

A similar thing happened against Geelong

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2018, 04:58:42 PM »
Bad kicking is bad football..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.