Author Topic: Tigers forwards can stretch Magpies defence: Dal Santo (SEN)  (Read 484 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers forwards can stretch Magpies defence: Dal Santo (SEN)
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:29:45 PM »
Tigers forwards can “stretch” Magpies defence: Dal Santo

By SEN
17 SEP 2018

Three-time All-Australian Nick Dal Santo believes Dustin Martin and Richmond’s forward line can “stretch” the Collingwood defence on Friday night.

The Tigers and Magpies meet in a blockbuster Preliminary Final battle, with a health cloud suddenly being cast over Martin’s knee.

However, Dal Santo has backed Martin to be ready for Friday, saying he is a vital piece in Richmond’s front half.

“Does it (Martin's injury) make any difference … do you trust Dusty, even if he needs a jab to get through with that knee, you back him in,” Dal Santo told SEN Afternoons.

“I already look at the game ahead and think, he probably has to play forward.

“I think we get caught up sometimes thinking Dusty is a midfielder that drifts forward. It’s the other way around.

SEN Afternoons with Andy Maher can be heard Monday-Friday 12-3pm, and you can subscribe to the podcast here.

“Dusty is a forward that goes into the midfield and even when he plays in the midfield, he only runs one way anyway. He is only getting ready to go back into the forward line.

“I think they can stretch them in that part of the ground with Dusty going forward, and they obviously have Josh Caddy and Jack Riewoldt down there.”

Dal Santo also believes there is “nothing wrong” in sending Brayden Maynard to face Martin one-on-one.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/17/tigers-forwards-can-stretch-magpies-defence-dal-santo/