Author Topic: Your Round 1 2019 Team  (Read 11710 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Your Round 1 2019 Team
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2019, 12:24:33 PM »
This is the side I would pick for round 1, not what I think will happen

Grimes  Rance  Broad
Markov Vlastuin Short
Edwards Cotch  Prestia
Higgins  Jack  Lambert
Bolta  Lynch  Rioli

Nank  Dusty  Graham

Ross  McIntosh  Baker   Butler-although he has been putrid in the JLT

(Caddy and George are big outs and play if fit)

-Astbury has been horrible in the last 3 games he has played
-Houli still a liability when it comes to defending
-Ellis just isn’t any good

Lambert, Butler, Markov & Short are all squibs on par with Ellis and Short is an even bigger defensive liability than Houli .... :shh

Wouldn't even consider dropping Astbury or even Broad until Garthwaite is fit again... :shh :shh
Still sore on getting Lambert wrong I see. (In the same ballpark as the Rance call IMO  :shh)
Anyone else think Lambert is a squib?
Anyone else think Markov is a squib?

Your man Butler is definitely scared of a bit of body contact but not in the same ballpark as Ellis. Pretty sure that would be unanimous except for his dad that posts on here.  :cheers

And Short is a star, end of..... I think you got him wrong too.  :shh

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2019, 01:07:24 PM »
Ellis is fearless compared to all mentioned. He is courageous in the air...:shh

I think you're getting the 2IC mixed up with someone else when you say Butler is his man...:shh :shh

Let us not forget you bagged Jack Riewoldt mercilessly. Just because you carried a bit of water for Jade the Blade doesn't mean you know footy like we do.....:shh :shh :shh 
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2019, 05:11:51 PM »
Ellis is fearless compared to all mentioned. He is courageous in the air...:shh

I think you're getting the 2IC mixed up with someone else when you say Butler is his man...:shh :shh

Let us not forget you bagged Jack Riewoldt mercilessly. Just because you carried a bit of water for Jade the Blade doesn't mean you know footy like we do.....:shh :shh :shh
Never bagged Jack, that’s just BS.
One of my all time favourites- in the Richo conversation.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2019, 05:39:25 PM »
Foggy memory buddy. You won't back down on Rioli being less valuable than Castagna and Butler though, will you?

While you're here, please tell Claw that Shorty is a superstar. It will be the end of the Big Claw alliance....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2019, 05:56:09 PM »
Only the truly astute recognise the Lambert Waltz, the Markov Runov - Markov a squib
 and the Short Step....and only the truly courageous publicly acknowledge them... :shh  :shh

Just because you carried a bit of water for Jade the Blade doesn't mean you know footy like we do.....:shh :shh :shh 

No wonder Coburg used to get belted every week ..... :shh :shh :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2019, 06:55:18 PM »
:shh :shh :shh :shh :shh

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2019, 09:01:30 PM »
Only the truly astute recognise the Lambert Waltz, the Markov Runov - Markov a squib
 and the Short Step....and only the truly courageous publicly acknowledge them... :shh  :shh

Just because you carried a bit of water for Jade the Blade doesn't mean you know footy like we do.....:shh :shh :shh 

No wonder Coburg used to get belted every week ..... :shh :shh :shh :shh
Do you actually really think that it's courageous to call players squibs while posting on a internet forum under an alias?

:gobdrop
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2019, 09:30:59 PM »
Pretty stuffing rich coming from bloke who thought Tucky getting knocked out and nearly dying was funny...,... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2019, 09:31:59 PM »
Backs: Grimes - Astbury - Vlastuin

Half backs: Houli - Rance - Broad

Centre line: Lambert - Cotchin - Edwards

Half Forwards: Rioli - Riewoldt - Higgins

Forwards: Butler - Lynch - Balta

Rucks/mids: Nankervis - Martin - Prestia

Short - Graham - MacIntosh - Weller

If Lynch doesn't play, insert Markov on the bench.

Think that's what they they are likely to pick.

Personally, I'd play Bolton in the side as a mid as he has played two excellent VFL games in that position instead of Kamdyn who seems to be struggling with form. Would also love to see Stack as he has been sublime in the 6 quarters he has played so far in the VFL. :shh

This is the team I would select. Has great balance and flexibility on every line. Bolton has been impressive as has Stack...their time will come.

The only spot I see as being almost available is Broad. Markov or Menadue could take this position - they are both superior by foot.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2019, 09:40:44 PM »
Pretty stuffing rich coming from bloke who thought Tucky getting knocked out and nearly dying was funny...,... :shh
Your memory is very very poor. I said he shouldn't be stepping into the ring as it was silly putting himself at risk. I never said it was funny. If you're going to mouth off get your facts right.

And it doesn't change the fact that you posted such a stupid and moronic post about being courageous above.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2019, 10:32:50 PM »
I have checked that thread and you made a joke about how Tucky getting knocked out was funny because it's how we kept going in finals at the time. The man was fighting for his life, risked his body every game for our club and you laughed at him in a moment of need...Sickening

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2019, 07:06:30 AM »
Can I suggest people stick to the topic WITHOUT the insults, trolling and baiting

The umpire is at the plate ready to call stikes 1, 2 and even 3

Take it as the final warning
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2019, 09:03:03 AM »
Foggy memory buddy. You won't back down on Rioli being less valuable than Castagna and Butler though, will you?

While you're here, please tell Claw that Shorty is a superstar. It will be the end of the Big Claw alliance....:shh
All jokes aside, happy for you to show me a post where I bag Jack- that just isn’t true.
In fact over the summer I have been thinking that with another good year, he overtakes Richo as the best Tiger forward I have ever seen play.

Richo was an out and out champion but had his faults (kicking for one) but Jack has it all IMO. He can play anywhere and play it well. He really doesn’t have a weekness.
So again, happy for you to show me a post where I bag him.

George is definitely one of my favourites too. Mostly just for a bloke that has come so far and turned himself into a very important player for us in the past couple of years. He is no star but he has a crack and tries his guts out. (Unlike players I have bagged for years- Houli, Grigg and Bellis)

It’s a given Rioli has a much bigger upside but up to now they are on a par for output IMO.
Rioli had a free pass last year because of his injury but his form never really got anywhere near where we all woukd have hoped.

It’s a big year for all 3 small forwards but IMO Rioli should be going well ahead of both Butler and George purely on talent, and I hope he does but it’s no certainty going off what he has shown to date.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2019, 12:02:06 PM »
Every AFL club’s predicted R1 team

March 14, 2019
by Ben Waterworth and Matt BalmerSource:
FOX SPORTS

One week out from the official opening-round teams being named, foxfooty.com.au predicts every club’s Round 1 line-up.

TIGERS

B: Jayden Short, Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes

HB: Nick Vlastuin, David Astbury, Bachar Houli

C: Dion Prestia, Shane Edwards, Kamdyn McIntosh

HF: Daniel Rioli, Tom Lynch, Jack Higgins

F: Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Dan Butler

Foll: Toby Nankervis, Trent Cotchin ©, Kane Lambert

I/C: Jack Graham, Noah Balta, Nathan Broad, Mav Weller

Jason Castagna is racing the clock to be ready for Round 1, but new recruit Mav Weller appears to be the man likely to be included should the premiership small forward not recover from an ankle injury. Shaun Grigg is set to miss the opening few rounds with a knee injury and the Tiger could hand youngster Noah Balta a debut, over Ivan Soldo, to partner Toby Nankervis in the ruck. Draftee Jack Ross won’t be far away from a debut after strong JLT form.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/every-afl-clubs-predicted-round-1-team-after-jlt-preseason-series/news-story/1a9a2c4ee5c35c290ca0cc252b8f4934

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2019, 01:56:46 AM »
It seems most including the media have the same 21 of 22. The last spot being a toss up between McIntosh and Markov.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd