Author Topic: Your Round 1 2019 Team  (Read 11515 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Your Round 1 2019 Team
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2019, 02:31:46 AM »
Stack or Bolton before either of those spuds.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2019, 11:33:48 AM »
Mock teams: Your club's best 22 for round one

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
15 March 2019

RICHMOND

B: Dylan Grimes, David Astbury, Alex Rance
HB: Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short
C: Shane Edwards, Dustin Martin, Kamdyn McIntosh
HF: Daniel Rioli, Jack Riewoldt, Kane Lambert
F: Dan Butler, Tom Lynch, Jack Higgins
Foll: Toby Nankervis, Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia
I/C: Nathan Broad, Maverick Weller, Jack Graham, Noah Balta

EMERG: Ivan Soldo, Callum Moore, Brandon Ellis, Oleg Markov

NEW: Noah Balta (debut), Maverick Weller (club debut)

UNAVAILABLE:
  Josh Caddy (ankle), Jason Castagna (ankle), Ryan Garthwaite (Achilles), Shaun Grigg (knee), Jacob Townsend (thigh)

NOTES: Star recruit Tom Lynch will be touch and go for round one, but the Tigers will be keen to get the key forward on the park for the clash against Carlton. Mav Weller has impressed in the JLT and may take Josh Caddy's role as a deep, contested-style forward. Oleg Markov just misses out with a strong Richmond backline, while Kamdyn McIntosh gets the nod over Brandon Ellis after playing JLT2 while Ellis played VFL. Noah Balta's flexibility in the ruck and both ends of the ground should get him over the line ahead of Ivan Soldo. The side contains 17 players from the 2017 premiership.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-14/mock-teams-your-clubs-best-22-for-round-one

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2019, 05:42:43 PM »
One of Balta or Callum Moore is set to partner Riewoldt in attack if Lynch fails to sufficiently recover in time for round one, Hardwick said.

Source: AFL website.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2019, 05:58:54 PM »
Surely Balta plays regardless of whether or not Lynch does... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2019, 08:02:27 PM »
Surely Balta plays regardless of whether or not Lynch does... :shh

I would think so...

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2019, 08:48:12 PM »
My round 1 team being:

Vlastuin Rance Astbury
Houli Grimes Short
Edwards Martin McIntosh
Rioli Lynch Butler
Lambert Riewoldt Higgins

Nankervis Cotchin Prestia

Broad Graham Balta Weller

Emg Markov Ellis Menadue Soldo

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2019, 06:53:04 PM »
In the Mix - Round 1

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
18 March 2019

RICHMOND

Star recruit Tom Lynch remains touch and go for round one, even suggesting at the club's season launch last Friday night he may make his Tigers debut in the VFL.

Former St Kilda small forward Mav Weller is a chance to play against Carlton, having played both JLT matches and with Josh Caddy and Jason Castagna missing (both ankle injuries).

Inside midfielder Jack Ross is the best-placed of the draftees to make his debut but may struggle to crack a well-established Tiger engine room.

Versatile big man Noah Balta, who is in his second year at the club, is also in line for his debut.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-18/in-the-mix-which-new-faces-could-debut-for-your-club

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2019, 08:16:19 PM »
Pigs will fly before it happens but one can only live in hope.

FB: Grimes - Astbury - Vlastuin. If Garthwaite was fit and playing well id pick him in front of Astbury.
HB: Houli - Rance - Broad. Only got room for one of Houli,Short or Ellis and Houli is the pick of a limited lot.

C: Rioli - Cotchin - Lambert. Time to see what Rioli can offer up the ground.
R: Nankervis - Martin - Prestia. Speaks for itself.

HF: Edwards - Riewoldt - Bolton. Bolton instead of the putrid Butler he has been good in the ressies and had a good preseason.
FF: Higgins - Lynch - Balta.  Another sml fwd who can rotate thru the middle like Bolton and Edwards. Moore for Lynch if Lynch does not get up.

INT: Graham - Stack - Ross - RC-D. Think the first three have all done enough in jlt and preseason Like the idea of RC-D playing just gives us that big mid we lack. Failing that McIntosh we need the size in the team.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 10:54:38 AM »

FB: Grimes - Astbury - Vlastuin. If Garthwaite was fit and playing well id pick him in front of Astbury.
HB: Houli - Rance - Broad. Only got room for one of Houli,Short or Ellis and Houli is the pick of a limited lot.

HF: Edwards - Riewoldt - Bolton. Bolton instead of the putrid Butler he has been good in the ressies and had a good preseason.
FF: Higgins - Lynch - Balta.  Another sml fwd who can rotate thru the middle like Bolton and Edwards. Moore for Lynch if Lynch does not get up.

INT: Graham - Stack - Ross - RC-D. Think the first three have all done enough in jlt and preseason Like the idea of RC-D playing just gives us that big mid we lack. Failing that McIntosh we need the size in the team.

Yes I agree that Pigs might fly before this team is selected. Short is a definite starter for one. The main thing that I have to bring up is the bench. You say Graham , Stack and Ross have done enough to get a gig but what exactly have Stack and Ross done ? I haven't seen anything that gets them a start.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »

Yes I agree that Pigs might fly before this team is selected. Short is a definite starter for one. The main thing that I have to bring up is the bench. You say Graham , Stack and Ross have done enough to get a gig but what exactly have Stack and Ross done ? I haven't seen anything that gets them a start.

He doesnt pick the team based on who he wants in it he picks it based on who he doesnt want in it and then uses generic descriptions like "he has a crack" to justify their inclusion. And yes we wouldnt be losing much by omitting short, only the no.1 metres gained player in the game......

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2019, 03:03:01 PM »

He doesnt pick the team based on who he wants in it he picks it based on who he doesnt want in it and then uses generic descriptions like "he has a crack" to justify their inclusion. And yes we wouldnt be losing much by omitting short, only the no.1 metres gained player in the game......

The flip side is hes the biggest squib in the afl reckon Houli is better value and theres only enough room for one of them imo.How ineffective was this bloke when push came to shove in finals.

Graham after jlt 2 will be a certain starter. Ross showed heaps in jlt1 and Bolton and Stack have had excellent preseasons and both have shown plenty in the vfl hitouts they have had.
RCD  showed heaps in jlt1 as well with just 40% game time. They have done a bit more than blokes like butler mcintosh Ellis etc.

Give me the newbies instead of the squibs who leave far too much for their teammates to do.At least they will go when its their turn to go.Unless there is adequate change we will not win a flag this yr. some things really do need to change and we really do need to find some real depth and the way to do that is play the younger blokes in front of players whose glareing weaknesses let us down time and again.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
And then how many sub 10 disposal games is it gonna take before you start throwing the kids under the bus? Jack Graham’s played less than 25 games and you’re already on his case.

Yes short had a horrible prelim but I can name pretty much 21 other players who did too.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2019, 03:15:39 PM »
And then how many sub 10 disposal games is it gonna take before you start throwing the kids under the bus? Jack Graham’s played less than 25 games and you’re already on his case.

Yes short had a horrible prelim but I can name pretty much 21 other players who did too.
Of course im on his grahams case he needs to play more games at jlt2 level and round his game out who in his right mind does not want to see that.Never have i considered him being dropped though we need to keep pouring games into the likes of him and we should be doing it with others.

Id like a dollar for every time ive heard oh so and so wasnt on his lonsome not everyone was as insipid as Short was i prefer Houli every day of the week and im not happy about aspects of his game just like a lot of other people.Broad imo has a spot in the backline broad instead of shortsteps every day of the week,

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2019, 03:26:12 PM »
Is it out tonight or tomorrow?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2019, 04:55:48 PM »
Hardwick said yesterday that  he might still play Grigg in the ruck again once he's fit.....surely not.... :help

- Gustav Mahler