Author Topic: Vlastuin: Don’t pick Tigers in SuperCoach (Herald-Sun)  (Read 553 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Vlastuin: Don’t pick Tigers in SuperCoach (Herald-Sun)
« on: December 19, 2018, 03:28:48 PM »
Vlastuin: Don’t pick Tigers in SuperCoach

Lauren Wood,
Herald Sun
19 December 2018

Nick Vlastuin loves his Supercoach — but don’t expect the premiership Tiger to look inside Punt Road for his saviour.

Vlastuin, 24, admits he has been swayed by his heart rather than his head in recent years but is determined to put how a player rates over his mates.

“I don’t know, I might try and stay away from Richmond players,” he said.

“I pick with my heart and not my head too much. And we’re not really a high-possession team, either. I know other midfields share it around a lot more.

“I’ll look at someone like Dion Prestia and think, yeah, he’s a superstar and I want him, but he just doesn’t score that well in SuperCoach because he doesn’t get the handballs around the back that some other teams give.”

The Richmond defender said he planned to pick up a few young Tigers “who are going to get a game”, but said his best-laid plans could easily be waylaid with his crew engaging in a SuperCoach draft to select their teams.

He revealed he could draw on a record-breaking possession-winning Hawk to boost his chances if he’s still up for grabs come draft time.

“Probably Tom Mitchell,” he said.

“But he doesn’t get too many of those handballs — he’s just a gun, so you can kind of rely on him for 150 every week.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-news/nick-vlastuin-wont-be-picking-many-richmond-teammates-in-supercoach-in-2019/news-story/9e723bc0f691a5f2576c3773e858d468