Author Topic: Training days: Who's lighting up the track at your club? (afl site)  (Read 871 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Training days: Who's lighting up the track at your club?

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
26 Jan 2019

RICHMOND

Who's burning

The club returned to training on January 14 and has spent the past week on the Gold Coast for its pre-season training camp.

Small forward Dan Butler is now in full training after missing the last nine weeks of the Tigers' season (including the qualifying and preliminary finals) with an ankle syndesmosis injury and subsequent surgery.

With the addition of Tom Lynch, Mav Weller and Jake Aarts to the forward line, there's competition for spots and Butler could find himself further up the ground this year.

"I've been used as the defensive pressure forward and they would like me to nail that, get a bit more of the footy and maybe work up the ground a bit more and work on my positional flexibility," Butler told the Richmond website.

Who's not

Prized recruit Tom Lynch remains on a restricted program as he continues his rehabilitation from his right knee injury. Lynch had surgery on his PCL in July while he was still at Gold Coast and then had a minor clean-up procedure to remove scarring and increase his range of motion in November. He is running laps and in straight lines but has not progressed to changing directions.

High-pressure forward Jason Castagna is in a moon boot for a high ankle sprain, while defender Dylan Grimes is sporting a serious protective facemask after having surgery for a broken nose.

Jack Graham has been held back from contact work as he recovers from a left shoulder reconstruction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-26/training-days-whos-lighting-up-the-track-at-your-club

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Training days: Who's lighting up the track at your club? (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
No mention of Oleg winning the Tony Mangan award at the Gold Coast camp?
Would have thought that qualifies for “lighting up” the track.
Lazy journalist who probably trawls club websites rather than talking to club sources.