General > General Discussion

Cricket thread

(1/239) > >>

one-eyed:
Not sure what happened to the original cricket thread  :huh.

Anyway, Khawaja has been dropped from the 12-man squad for the 4th test for Smith.

James Pattinson has also been left out with Mitchell Starc a chance to play his first Test of the series.

David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matt Wade, Tim Paine (c, wk), Pat Cummins, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/09/02/australian-name-12-man-squad-for-fourth-ashes-test/

Andyy:
Good changes I think. Happy to keep Pattinson for Siddle but otherwise I'm happy!

Diocletian:
Would've dropped Harris and promoted Khawaja to opener.... :shh

Hope we go with Starc ahead of Siddle - need to take wickets and clean up the tail quickly.. :shh :shh

If Paine wasn't the ceremonial captain (Smith is still the real one :shh) I would've dropped him for Carey... :shh :shh :shh

Never could understand the big deal around Pattinson...massively overrated, particularly by Victorians.. :shh :shh :shh :shh

At least we didn't panic & pick Marsh.... :shh :shh :shh :shh :shh

Dougeytherichmondfan:

--- Quote from: Diocletian on September 03, 2019, 04:20:48 PM ---Never could understand the big deal around Pattinson...massively overrated, particularly by Victorians.. :shh :shh :shh :shh

--- End quote ---
He can swing it and seam it better than any in the world.

Genuine swing bowlers can never stay fit because of their side on actions and Pattinson is a textbook case of this. He struggled in the second dig of the last test (as did most of our quicks for periods), and can't seem to maintain form.

But if he's at or close to his best, he's our most damaging quick. Dale Steyn Mk II

Diocletian:
Thanks for proving my point - "Steyn Mk.II" ....do me a favour.... :biglaugh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version