Author Topic: Team you want to beat the most in 2020?  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Team you want to beat the most in 2020?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 09:03:57 AM »
I just want to see us go back to back. I was 4 years old the last time we did it.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 12:05:09 PM »
I just want to see us go back to back. I was 4 years old the last time we did it.

I was 19 so at least I the memory of the Hafey years (67 69 73 and 74 flags).

:thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 10:28:32 PM »
Beating Geelong in a final and then Chris Scott getting the arse!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »
West Coast - on their home deck

Wot he said. 😁
Round 5 is on their deck.

We then play them on our home deck in round 14.

The match-up Wallace is most looking forward to in 2020

By Nic Negrepontis
23 Jan 2020

Australian football Hall of Famer Terry Wallace has named the game coming up in the 2020 season he is most excited about.

With a fresh season and new opportunities on the horizon, the former Hawthorn superstar has pinpointed one particular game on the fixture.

“The one that has stood out for me, just because of the way they played last year, is Richmond versus West Coast,” Wallace told SEN Mornings.

“There was a stage late last year where I was convinced in my own mind that the best two sides in the competition, it was before they played about six weeks out from the end of the season, I was convinced they were the best two sides.

“Then when they played at the MCG where the Eagles were blistering in the first quarter and absolutely brilliant before Richmond just worked it back and got on top and won the game.

“Even in the end West Coast came back again. I just thought it was worthy of a Grand Final.”

That game in Round 22 saw the Eagles lead early before heavy rain fell over the MCG, helping to swing the game in Richmond’s favour.

The Tigers would go on to hold on by six points and ultimately win the flag, while the Eagles fell out of the top four and couldn’t get the job done on the road in finals.

“West Coast buggered it up and stuffed up their own opportunities by losing to Hawthorn in that last round of the year and the Willie Rioli saga didn’t do them any favours either,” Wallace said.

“Obviously they’ve gone and got Tim Kelly to add to their mix. I think Richmond are the number one and West Coast is a really good side.

“So I look at their Round 14 Richmond versus West Coast on a Sunday at the MCG that is very tantalising.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/01/22/the-match-up-wallace-is-most-looking-forward-to-in-2020/