Author Topic: Heritier Lumumba sues Collingwood and the AFL (7news)  (Read 1517 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Heritier Lumumba sues Collingwood and the AFL (7news)
« on: October 15, 2020, 08:29:32 PM »
Premiership player Heritier Lumumba is suing Collingwood and the AFL, accusing both organisations of failing to protect him from racial abuse or racially offensive conduct.

Documents were filed with Supreme Court on Wednesday claiming Collingwood “failed to take any or any sufficient steps to provide and maintain a safe working environment”.

It is argued the club breached its duty of care and contractual and statutory duties to Lumumba.

The filings allege the AFL also failed to “take any or any sufficient steps to ensure that the Plaintiff was not subjected to racial abuse or racially offensive conduct”.

The 33-year-old is seeking damages from Collingwood and the AFL, claiming he has “suffered loss, damage, and injury including trauma, humiliation, distress, and loss of enjoyment”.

Collingwood and the AFL are yet to comment on the court case.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/heritier-lumumba-sues-collingwood-and-the-afl-over-racial-abuse-claims-c-1390255

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Heritier Lumumba sues Collingwood and the AFL (7news)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:06:50 AM »
This guy has the biggest chip on his shoulder I've ever seen.

I especially remember him commenting that Kevin Rudd should speak to him about climate change if he was serious about addressing it.

Like dude, you're a footballer...

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:37:59 AM »
agree, but he aint the only one.

question

is this any different to a wog who was constantly called that and n i g g e r  at school suing his former high school or former boss? I was called both of those things plenty of times and didnt effect me at all. what about asians, indians?

Lets face it, when the money well dries up everyone starts looking for blood with these types.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 09:34:55 AM »
As I understand he hasnt named specific instances or individuals at all, unsure whether he will have to as it progresses but if he does it will get interesting then

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 01:36:02 PM »
Obviously still traumatised by all those rapes & murders he's witnessed.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.