Football > Richmond Rant

State of Umpiring [merged]

(1/581) > >>

mightytiges:
I have always felt the standard of umpiring has slipped dramatically the past few years but tonight took the cake. That third quarter was an absolute joke. We were laughing our heads off. The poor orange sods couldn't get one decision correct. Luckily the frees went our way mostly.

The holding the ball rule no longer exists. You can have the ball for ages, take on half the opposition, get tackled and when the ball spills loose it's called play-on  ???

Jackstar:
Umpiring was very poor, there were some trival frees paid to both teams

froars:
Don't know how many we got in the third - but at one stage we had 12 - the highest amount of frees for any team this season.  And we got a few more after that stage.

Talking of stats - when stafford marked in the 2nd quarter and goaled.  That was the second mark in the fwd 50 up to that stage of the game - abysmal.

WilliamPowell:
55 fress for the game - in our favour 35 to 20.

I watched the repay of the last half when I got home. In between port and chocolates I think they said the free count in the third was something 16 to the tigers and 1 to Carlton.

It was a joke - hence why I spent so much time laughing. No holding the ball, push in the backs paid when they were fair bumps - it's supposed to be a tough game after last night - yeah right

And BTW I think Fevola maybe in a lot of strife over Brown going down - looks bad.

Ox:
They're kidding.

This current crop of umpires is as bad as their coach and mentor,Geischen.

Put the yamuka back on Geoff,you;re a joke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version