Author Topic: List Decisions 2022  (Read 15898 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: List Decisions 2022
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2021, 02:54:46 PM »
AFL LIST OF FREE AGENTS (As of September 14, 2021)

Unrestricted:

Key: * Previously delisted,
       ^ Previously qualified as Free Agent,
        - Delisted or announced retirement

Richmond

Davis Astbury-

Bachar Houli-

Mabior Chol*

Derek Eggmolesse-Smith*

Matthew Parker*

Benjamin Miller*

Astbury and Houli have both hung up the boots, while Chol could move clubs for more senior opportunities, with Gold Coast, North Melbourne and Essendon all reportedly keen.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/st-kilda-saints/afl-news-2021-jack-billings-resigned-new-deal-with-st-kilda-saints-four-years-list-of-free-agents/news-story/b694eb8a280de0a54dc371f254a6a73b

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2021, 04:54:48 PM »

Rankings: Home & Away Season
Contested Possession Differential: 16th
Uncontested Possession Differential: 14th
Inside 50 Differential: 8th
Scoring Shots Per Inside 50: 12th
Scoring Shots Per Inside 50 Conceded: 13th

https://theshinboner.com/2021/09/16/2021-every-afl-club-by-club-list-management-tools-contracts-demographics-minutes-played-changes-analysis-shinboner/

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2021, 10:38:22 PM »
Looking at the list holes and retirements delistings this is what i would like to see.

Houli - replace with  185cm plus hard running medium hbf. REASON  we only have One medium sized defender on the list in Vlastuin.We replace a smallish defender with a needed bigger medium

Chol - replace with Genuine PURE KPF. Reason we only have TL and JR on the list who are Genuine pure KPF.

Astbury - replace with Mature kpd. Reason we only have one big PROVEN  kpd left on the list in Balta and hes still a kid. While hoping for the best that Miller and Nyuon can make it i have the worst case scenario in mind that  they dont.  Also we have to ask about cover for injury in the short term.

Garthwaite - Replace with genuine sized quality young KPD. Reason we dont have a quality pick in this area. Miller and Nyuon were both taken very late and you have to ask about the odds of them making it and what quality they will be if they do make it.

Naish - replace with medium 185cm plus skilled hard running mid with good delivery. Reason We only  have one  tallish or rangy running mid with good skills in Hugo. here   im looking to replace McIntosh or upgrade on him.

Castagna - Replace with Big contested ball winning mid. Reason we dont need more small fwds especially ones who cannot kick.
Aarts - Replace with a clearance mid. Reason see Castagna if we want another pure small fwd then lets get one who offers a more rounded game than these two. Lets be honest here we do need to improve our contested inside ball and clearances. especially whith the few  good ones we have getting old.

DE-S - Replace with a tall fwd/utility. Reason we dont need another small hbf on the list we have enough and it gives us an opportunity to put maybe a tallish fwd on the list which we have few of.
What?  Just send that wish list to Santa & see if the magical elves can knock together a few champion players for you!
Most of the draft pool are raw kids so why not go through the pool & pick the best available like everybody else?

it is not that hard mate with the hand we have.Whats your problem anyway arent we allowed to wish our real needs can be covered.

How about something like this.

PICK 9 one of Ward, Erasmus, Rachelle one will be there at least and they would be best available. And fill a real need.

Pick 15 Amiss, Van-rooyen. Both key forwards probably the best two in the draft and a good chance one may slip to us.both in the mix as best available. Both would fill a real need to boot.

Pick 20 from  CC-J trade. Johnson, Chesser both big mids and a decent chance one will still be there. There will be other very good mids available here. one of those two would probably be close to best available at this pick. Again a real need filled. but hey just a little too much wishful thinking for you here id say.

Pick 26 Bazzo a  chance to be here 2nd best kpd in the draft. and well and truly in the mix as best available. if gone still   take best available with 26 and look for a young kpd later. The other real need filled.

Pick 28 to be used on the best 185cm plus rebounding hbf available and there will be good running players available here.

44 Schlensog 200cm utility   probably a reach but i like young  proven state league players thats assuming Bazzo was gone.

Still leaves pick 40 and possibly 44 and whatever we get for Chol in compensation.

DFA Daniel Talia.

That just about rules sending anything off to santa and the elves wont be so busy.

Would be tempted to take Amiss at 9 because  very good mids would  will still be available at 15 20.At what point in time do you propose we go about finding a KPF to replace JR.  when he's retired i suppose.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2021, 06:43:08 AM »
Why would norf give us 20? They dont have to give us anything.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2021, 08:08:41 AM »

They simply will not.

I think we will be lucky to get 38.

They will tell us to take 38 or 69 whatever crap, or gagf.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2021, 08:24:57 AM »
Not sure on that I think pick 20 will get.

Online Dogga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2021, 08:29:44 AM »
I believe we will get fair compensation from North (if he goes). Clubs generally try to work together (maybe not Essendon) to make the trade a win-win. If North burn us with this, then they can guarantee that we will never help them with any future trades. One day the shoe will be on the other foot and all clubs bar Essendon know that.

Pick 20 for a young tall with a few years development is better than anything North could get with that pick.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2021, 10:44:42 AM »

If thats what they do we should delist him and make them take him in the national draft.

They simply will not.

I think we will be lucky to get 38.

They will tell us to take 38 or 69 whatever crap, or gagf.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2021, 11:37:13 AM »
What's Sam Weideman like?

Is he genuinely crap or would people be interested if we could get him in a trade for say pick 40? Dees fans don't think he's worth much, maybe like how we shed some depth players over the years, and might let him go for a 3rd.

With CCJ + Chol leaving, Jack getting on, and our only other option likely to be the draft...would it be worth taking a look?

If we trade 3 picks to WB for 17, a 3rd rounder to Dees for Weideman, pick up Talia DFA, draft a guy like Schlensog hopefully around 38 (hoping North trade this to is for CJ).

We could go ahead with:
Talia (DFA)
Weideman (?40)
Schlensog (?38)

At the expense of:
CCJ (?38)
Chol (?50ish)
26 (WB)
40 (WB)
44 (WB)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2021, 11:47:54 AM »
Weideman would be decent depth at least I reckon.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2021, 12:03:53 PM »
Weideman is very average imo - avoid

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2021, 01:38:08 PM »
how about something like this.

Delist - Garthwaite, Parker, Naish, DE-S. Parkers skills leave too much to be desired and Garth is not good enough.

Trade - CC-J, Caddy.  Well CC-J is gone and i see no need to keep a 29yo who we don't play and has no role.

Retire - Houli, Astbury. Gonski.

RF/A  - Chol. Gonski.

Before trades and pick swaps it stands like this.

IN - Talia or Tarrant DF/A. 7, 15, 26, 28, 40, 44, Chol comp around 45, CC-J pick hopefully 20 could be 38 . Hopefully a pick for Caddy 50 plus as we help him to another club.

Draft needs are pretty clear imo.
Bigger mids who win ball and are good clearance players.
KPF - Theres only 33 yo JR and 29yo Lynch.
KPD - The reality Balta is the only proven big KPD that we have and what we do have in reserve look underwhelming or still a long way to go.
Medium HB - We have just one medium defender on the list in Vlastuin a bigger bodied replacement for Houli is ideal imo.

Dont claim to be up to speed on the ND but going by what i can get my hands on best available and needs these are about the mark.

7/ Ward, Erasmus. I like Neil Erasmus.

15/ Van Rooyen, Amiss. Both key forwards and both around the mark. I think Amiss will go a bit earlier.

20/ CC-J Compensation yep im hopeful we can get this pick.  Chesser, Johnson both good sized mids. May be a stretch to get em.

26/ Bazzo 195cm kpd.

I think Erasmus, Van Rooyen, Chesser Bazzo would be ideal. Would also be looking at a Bloke like Schenslog a 200cm utility later in the draft if still there..

That would still leave Picks 26 28 40 44, Chol comp, Caddy pick..

How do we ensure we get pick 20 from NM. How about CC-J and pick 44 to Nm for 20 or C-J and a future pick.

How do we prise Wb first from them. How about 28, 40, Chol comp,  would put us in the ball park.

Just a lot of wishful thinking i suppose.

A haul of 7, 15, 17, 20, 26,plus Caddy pick late. looks great on paper.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »
I can’t see why we wouldn’t get 20 for Coleman Jones , we can match the offer can’t we, we may have a bit left over with the retirements and trades

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2021, 08:26:40 PM »
I can’t see why we wouldn’t get 20 for Coleman Jones , we can match the offer can’t we, we may have a bit left over with the retirements and trades

We aren't going to give him 4 years at $450k.

They won't give us 20.

We will take what's offered or he walks

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2021, 08:43:03 PM »
How do you know, if North pay it then that’s his market price. You probably haven’t worked it out but if the perception is that we will match the offer then fair negotiations will take place instead of the fire sale your proposing .