Football > View from the Outer

Hawks review into indigenous players treatment under Clarkson

(1/12) > >>

Chuck17:
Some serious poo going down here

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/alastair-clarkson-and-chris-fagan-named-in-hawks-review/101452320

Damo:
WOW 😮
Wonder who “Ian” is ???

Shocking if true .. just horrible  :banghead :banghead :'( :'(

Chuck17:
Some snippets from the article

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/alastair-clarkson-and-chris-fagan-named-in-hawks-review/101452320

An external review commissioned by the Hawthorn Football Club will reveal allegations that key figures at the AFL club demanded the separation of young First Nations players from their partners, and pressured one couple to terminate a pregnancy for the sake of the player's career.

In some cases, coaches allegedly coerced at least two players to remove SIM cards from their phones and insert new ones in attempts to cut them off from their partners and focus them entirely on the club's pursuit of football success. In each case, the player was a young First Nations draftee in his first five years with the club.

"It was so intimidating, confusing and upsetting," Ian says.

"Clarkson just leaned over me and demanded that I needed to get rid of my unborn child and my partner. I was then manipulated and convinced to remove my SIM card from my phone, so there was no further contact between my family and me. They told me I’d be living with one of the other coaches from that night onwards.

He felt he had no choice. "He told me to kill my unborn kid."

It started when Zac was pulled into a meeting with Clarkson, Fagan and Jason Burt. Zac says he was told that Kylie was holding him back from progressing his career and that he needed to end the relationship to fulfil his potential.

WilliamPowell:
Have read the article

WOW, talk about damning!

Will be watching with interest what Hawthorn, the AFL but also N0rt and Brisbane do.

Chuck17:
Lot of water to go under the bridge yet, but Clarkson's tenure at North is looking shot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version