Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Crows?  (Read 5903 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Crows?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2023, 10:11:43 AM »
Crows looking really good so far today.  Giants not so great but we certainly have our work cut out for us next week

This post aged well 😂😂
In my defence, they were smashing them at the time but yes jumped the gun perhaps. 

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2023, 10:46:07 AM »
Crows looking really good so far today.  Giants not so great but we certainly have our work cut out for us next week

This post aged well 😂😂
In my defence, they were smashing them at the time but yes jumped the gun perhaps.

Both Teams were out on their feet in the last. It was very hot and we have a extra two days rest and recovery which does bode well for us.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2023, 03:37:18 PM »
IN: Clarke
OUT: Ross
SUB: Mansell

Offline tony_montana

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2023, 05:00:46 PM »
We’re a better side with Sonsie and Cumberland there

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2023, 09:15:02 PM »
I missed your passionate insights.

Good to see you back TM. :cheers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2023, 11:45:57 PM »
Out Mansell
In Clarke

Mansell the sub.

I think Clarke needs to play 75% of the year in the first if it works out. He is clean as and out list really lacks quality skills. We have plenty of pace, pressure and contested stuff now. We don't have really any silk. Especially with Houli and Shed retiring this hasn't really been replaced. Clarke has it in him to be developed so would love to see it be given a big chance.
Go Tigers!

Offline tony_montana

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2023, 02:19:06 PM »
I missed your passionate insights.

Good to see you back TM. :cheers
Good to see you man  :cheers

hope you're well

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2023, 05:59:05 PM »
Cumberland was terrible yesterday- most disappointing is the only word. As Dimma said, he has some things to work on to make him a better player. This would include not being so selfish and defensive running being added to his game. Nail this and he could be something special.
And yet he was superb in the 8 games he played last year. You want a goal kicker then you want them to be just a bit selfish.
Have seen nothing wrong with his defensive running when in the seniors.
Reckon its a bit of the Dimma said so so it must be so mentality.

Keep going the way we have Cumberland will be another who will just want to play somewhere else. Reckon anyone would be deflated in Cumberlands shoes Just about every one bar Dimma thinks he should have been picked.

8 goals from 66 fwd entries we don't hear dimma talk about that do we. And where was all this so called defensive poo from Mansell who replaced him..
Really wish posters would look for themselves rather than just following what the club puts out.

Hardwick was copping it over not selecting Cumberland and he comes up with the oh we think he has to work on a few things line to justify the decision.

Watch is what I do and did that's how I ascertained he was very ordinary in his performance Thursday. You need team balance as you can't have too many who don't run defensively- it's worked well enough for 3 flags since 2017 :shh
The practice match against the Dees a few weeks ago, Jack was trying to direct him all game, both positioning and set ups. It was compelling viewing as Jack was getting somewhat frustrated at the continued bad positioning by Noah. I think he needs to study the game plan  :shh
Again, at the game Mansell played his role as requested. This is not to say he can't be replaced, it's saying he played his role as a team player.

Dimma did talk about if50s

The poor conversion rate And how Carlton dropped deep to defend

Oh i see he has identified the problem has he? I wonder what he will do about it. I reckon very little which is what he usually does.

Lol 66 inside 50's for 8 goals and its likely he will just back in his aging mids rather than look to younger genuine forwards.

Lets wait and see shall we.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2023, 06:12:43 PM »
Cumberland was terrible yesterday- most disappointing is the only word. As Dimma said, he has some things to work on to make him a better player. This would include not being so selfish and defensive running being added to his game. Nail this and he could be something special.
And yet he was superb in the 8 games he played last year. You want a goal kicker then you want them to be just a bit selfish.

Keep going the way we have Cumberland will be another who will just want to play somewhere else. Reckon anyone would be deflated in Cumberlands shoes Just about every one bar Dimma thinks he should have been picked.

8 goals from 66 fwd entries we don't hear dimma talk about that do we. And where was all this so called defensive poo from Mansell who replaced him..
Really wish posters would look for themselves rather than just following what the club puts out.

Hardwick was copping it over not selecting Cumberland and he comes up with the oh we think he has to work on a few things line to justify the decision.

Watch is what I do and did that's how I ascertained he was very ordinary in his performance Thursday. You need team balance as you can't have too many who don't run defensively- it's worked well enough for 3 flags since 2017 :shh
The practice match against the Dees a few weeks ago, Jack was trying to direct him all game, both positioning and set ups. It was compelling viewing as Jack was getting somewhat frustrated at the continued bad positioning by Noah. I think he needs to study the game plan  :shh
Again, at the game Mansell played his role as requested. This is not to say he can't be replaced, it's saying he played his role as a team player.

Just made me chuckle so much. Clearly you have not been watching and are placing your opnion on a micky mouse practice game and what ever the coaches are saying at the time..

Lol team balance ive heard it all now and its hilarious you bring up JR having another tantrum in a practice game.
what you didnt like Cumberlands positioning in the 8 cracking games he played last year. That positioning enabled him to average well well well 2.4 goals a game and also enabled him to lay some cracking tackles. There was no talk about about a lack of defensive pressure because there was no lack of pressure.

Fair dinkum talk about someone who is doing nothing but listening to what the coach is saying rather then opening their eyes and having a proper look for themselves.

Go ahead and judge players on practice games if you like but most of us will happily judge em on what they do in the real stuff.
Most of us can tell when Coaches are deflecting as well. Dont believe a word they say you will be much better informed if you do.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2023, 08:38:43 PM »
Team Tips:

Many Tigers fans were surprised Noah Cumberland wasn’t selected for last week’s match, with coach Damien Hardwick post-game suggesting he played a similar role for the team to Dustin Martin inside 50 and was working on adding a few more strings to his bow. There’s a good chance Cumberland comes in for Saturday’s match against Adelaide, possibly at the expense of Rhyan Mansell. There’ll be an injury watch this week on Robbie Tarrant (hip) and Ivan Soldo (foot) and whether they’ll be available to play, while the Tigers will no doubt have a close look at mature-age recruit Tylar Young, who was close to playing last week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-round-2-team-tips-predicted-lineups-squads-injuries-changes-ins-and-outs-supercoach-analysis-latest-news/news-story/dc8f5a2fa207003519a489c2943ed615

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2023, 06:22:11 AM »
Agree with calls to bring in Cumberland and Sonsie.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2023, 02:45:36 PM »
In the Mix: Round 2

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
22 March 2023

The Tigers got through their draw with Carlton unscathed, with the substitution of the underdone Marlion Pickett a pre-planned move as he continues to build back from an adductor injury. Initial sub Jack Ross is the most likely to be the one to force a change, with half-forward Rhyan Mansell the quietest Tiger to have played a full game. Noah Cumberland is unlikely to find his way back into the side (barring an injury to a forward), with coach Damien Hardwick saying he is competing with Dustin Martin for the same role.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/886788/in-the-mix-r2-who-s-under-the-pump-who-s-pushing-for-selection-

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2023, 03:17:07 PM »
Gunna get in now probably won't be around later this week.
My team

Vlastuin - Miller - Grimes
Broad - Balta - Rioli

Pickett - Martin - McIntosh
Nankervis - Taranto - Prestia

Cumberland - Lynch - Bolton
Ryan - Riewoldt - MRJ

Hopper - Cotchin -  Graham - Sonsie/Clarke

Baker.

Three ins but i reckon we will be lucky to get one.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2023, 03:52:58 PM »

Just made me chuckle so much. Clearly you have not been watching and are placing your opnion on a micky mouse practice game and what ever the coaches are saying at the time..

Lol team balance ive heard it all now and its hilarious you bring up JR having another tantrum in a practice game.
what you didnt like Cumberlands positioning in the 8 cracking games he played last year. That positioning enabled him to average well well well 2.4 goals a game and also enabled him to lay some cracking tackles. There was no talk about about a lack of defensive pressure because there was no lack of pressure.

Fair dinkum talk about someone who is doing nothing but listening to what the coach is saying rather then opening their eyes and having a proper look for themselves.

Go ahead and judge players on practice games if you like but most of us will happily judge em on what they do in the real stuff.
Most of us can tell when Coaches are deflecting as well. Dont believe a word they say you will be much better informed if you do.

Claw- until he starts playing in the real stuff, it is all he can be judged on at the moment. Not saying he can't play- just telling it like it is currently. Dimma and his assistance have told him what he needs to do to play the real stuff. Until he starts doing this, VFL is his level. My personal preference is for him to play but he is a lazy player with little defensive running- still!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2023, 05:22:36 PM »
Cumberland is a lazy player with little defensive running....

I've heard it all now, I really have.

What the stuff is that comment even based on?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"