General > General Discussion

Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup

(1/311) > >>

mightytiges:
It was only a friendly (although our tackles weren't friendly lol) but way to go Socceroos this morning. 1-1 against Holland was a great result especially after how badly we were in the first half and being down to 10-men for the last 30 mins. No Kewell either. How good was Schwarzer and Timmy Cahill  :bow.

With Kewell and Skoko to come back in we're a real chance to get to the second round if we can avoid those brain implosions in defence and make sure Viduka never takes a penalty ever again  :-\.

Only 5 days to go!

F0551L:
schwarzer was fantastic  maybe we could get him for the international rules series later on this year
 just hope we dont get too many more red cards   

aussie aussie aussie

mightytiges:

--- Quote from: 632 RFC on June 05, 2006, 03:19:43 AM ---schwarzer was fantastic  maybe we could get him for the international rules series later on this year
 just hope we dont get too many more red cards   

aussie aussie aussie

--- End quote ---

Nah bring back Andy Kellaway for the IR  :thumbsup.

om21:
I dont think the Aussies have the calibre to roll Croatia. I think they will bully Japan into a result but the Cros are damn good at what they do. At the end of the day, the Aussies rely on too few to do the job. We saw Bresciano down on form today and well the midfield for me was terrible.

mightytiges:
Croatia is a good side and like the physical stuff as much as we do but they are a step down from Holland. It wasn't until Cahill came on that we sparked up in the midfield. We were also missing Kewell and Skoko who would be in our best 11.

We were owned and intimated in the first half and were lucky not to be 3 goals down. I felt we tightened up after halftime and were starting to trouble Holland up until Wilkshire on a yellow card already had a brain implosion and got himself sent off Tiatto/Muscat style. Holland's defence looked shakey when we got into the last 1/3. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version