General > General Discussion

Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup

<< < (252/311) > >>

one-eyed:
 :thumbsup

https://twitter.com/Socceroos/status/1002532194013798400

A brace to Leckie.
Good interplay between Rogic and Mooy as attacking mids.
Classy strike and finish by Nabbout :clapping.

mightytiges:
SOCCEROOS’ WORLD CUP SQUAD

Brad Jones, Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic; Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Matthew Jurman, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury; Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Robbie Kruse, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic; Daniel Arzani, Tim Cahill, Tomi Juric, Mathew Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/world-cup/teams/australia/socceroos-make-final-cuts-to-world-cup-squad-daniel-arzani-makes-23man-travelling-party/news-story/51afe50ed5e726943d39ffd45a54f3cf

Not an obvious back 4. We've even used Milligan as a CB. We wouldn't want to cop a couple of injuries in defence  :-\.

A guess at the starting 11? A 4-5-1 formation against France?

Ryan
   Behich    Sainsbury     Jurman    Risdon
Kruse    Luongo      Mooy    Rogic       Leckie
                            Juric

I'm presuming we'll begin with our starting 11 for the France game against Hungry in the final friendly.

dwaino:
I'd probably go similar to you. Reckon Petratos would be handy off the bench with late game set pieces. So good to see him finally make the team, well deserved and long overdue. Maclaren and Nabbout could be pretty handy off the bench. It has been a long time since we've had pacy options, usually it's Cahill for Juric/Juric for Cahill.

mightytiges:
I watched the Hungry game early this morning. More questions than answers as far as the starting 11 after that slop. Aside from all 3 goals belonging more in a U12s match, our backs coughed up schoolboy errors and we lacked connection between defence and midfield which meant we were too slow moving the ball forward to penetrate Hungry's defence and looked out of ideas if we couldn't feed the ball out wide. Risden was torn apart and exposed at right back especially in the first half. Up front neither Nabbout nor Juric showed anything. Says it all Timmy was brought on to replace Juric and placed up front. It's a big call but Arzani deserves a start. Still very young and it's a risk against France who will most likely dominate possession but he is a class above most of his more experienced Socceroo teammates. I thought Irvine was one of our best when he came on too.

dwaino:
Stayed up as well. Risdon is a worry at RB but we're really weak there. I wish Mooy/Luongo combo worked better but it just doesn't. Jedinak has to start but that throws everything out a bit because Luongo is better than a sub but Rogic is our best attacking mid and while Mooy is slower than refrigerated honey he is one of our better play makers.

Still wouldn't start Arzani. Not against France anyway. He's worked magic as a sub against two average teams. He won't get that sort of sniff against France and I'd worry it would destroy him.

Sallai ripped us to shreds. Not looking forward to what Dembele and co will do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version