Football > Richmond Rant

An OER Reminder of the Posting Guidelines

<< < (2/4) > >>

one-eyed:
Bump.

We have been very lenient over the past week (perhaps too lenient) as we know everyone is frustrated with our team's current performance especially after the Hawthorn game. However, things have gotten out of hand during the past few days as far as personal attacks and slanging matches. It's spoiling good threads.

WP and I have been more than fair on this over time. Stick to the issue(s) with your opinion and don't personally attack someone and call them names just because they disagree with your opinion on a issue. If you have a problem with someone else's post then report to the admins. DON'T take matters into your own hands. Offensive posts will be edited/removed.

A reminder also about the level of swearing/swear-filter avoidance.

We ask again that EVERYONE TONE IT DOWN

WilliamPowell:
I posted the following on another thread but felt it needs to re-posted here.

Please read and take note!

The following is not directed at 1 individual but to all those who have over the weekend resorted to personal insults

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!   

Stick to the topic.

Disagree with someone? Thats fine, great even but to try and get your point across by taking what are commonly called "pot shots from the cheap seats" and insulting someone because you don't agree is unacceptable.

I am not interested in who started it, who said what because it doesn't hide the fact that a number of OER members are doing it - end of story.

I will repeat what we (MT & me) have said a number of times - stick to the bloody topic and stop with the insults. We've been extremely lenient (perhaps too lenient) but in fairness to everyone else who follows the guidelines please give it a rest. This is supposed to fun place to visit for everyone!

If you don't like a thread - dont post in it.

We cannot remove threads if they don't break the rules but we will edit threads if the get personal.

Regards
WP

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=5782.msg71389#msg71389

Further to the above -

Snide or childish comments directed at particular genders, religions etc are also totally unacceptable becuase directly or indirectly they are personal attacks and go outside our guidelines

We have during the time this forum's been running avoided having to issue warnings or worse still ban people from the site. Actually we've been very fortunate that we have only had to do this on very rare occasions.

However, we now find that are being left with absolutely no alternative but to issue warnings and look at banning people who continually abuse other posters.

one-eyed:
A reminder about the level of swearing/swear-filter avoidance. WP and I are fairly lenient but it's been excessive in the last couple of days.

EVERYONE TONE IT DOWN

WilliamPowell:
I have just posted this another thread (Wallace on SEN) and to be honest it could have been posted in any number of threads in the past couple of days but I will re-post it here

People enough with the swearing (even if the swear filter is picking it up). There are far to many post lately that have "eff" this and that, the "c" word plus a few others that are not acceptable.

Refer to this thread

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=3581.msg54566#msg54566

Which highlights the following :

No swearing or abusive language. The forum does have a “swear filter” and some people (like myself) are pretty lousy at typing but continually posting to test the filter will result in the member firstly being warned and then dropped to the “swear bench” for 7 days

As for the personal sniping suggest everyone have a read of the above thread as well because our the rules on that are covered their too

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=6624.msg89032#msg89032

one-eyed:
There's been an increase in the name calling, personal attacks and slanging matches of late.  Even winning games has not seemed to eleviate this. Enough is enough! We've received numerous complaints by email today because like us people are sick of seeing and reading slanging matches of insults which are spoiling good threads :banghead.

EVERYONE TAKE A BREATH, TONE IT DOWN AND STICK TO THE RELEVANT TOPIC!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version