Football > Richmond Rant

RFC Coach Selection Panel

(1/2) > >>

mightytiges:
You have been asked by Greg Miller to join him and fellow OER members  :) in the task of selecting our next coach for 2005. What do you expect our new coach to deliver and in what time frame and what criteria will you judge him by? In other words what are you expecting from our new coach?

Ox:
       Let me jsut say that 18 months ago i hated the thought of Wallace coming to Punt road - I hated Wallace.
Partly because of the way he walked out on his team and partly because i refused to acknowledge his achievements with a weak list.
Of all the prospective candidates as of yesterday Wally is our best choice because he;

Is experienced.
I remember him coming to a presentation night in Clayton when i was in under 12s ffs!
(i won best first year player and third B&F :o)
Someone who has been around and active that long is doing something right,not to mention the knowledge and experience they have.

Can handle the media and is a creditable member of it.

Has mongrel in him.

In a perfect world.................
Terry Wallace - 3 year deal.

-  Step up turnover rate.
-  Bring a new atmosphere to Punt Road.
-  Teach the kids a multi dimensional game,one that doesn't rely on negative,blockage football.
-  Introduce ferocity back into our reportoire.
-  Some left of field moves when it comes to kpp.
-  Play whoever deserves their spot on a weekly basis.
-  Demand a higher standard of physical fitness - we are a joke!

Accepted Finishing postion in 2005
- 16 - 12.

- Clean out last of old crop.
- Announce new,youthful leadership group.
- Basically continue on from initial plan,perhaps even more focus on kids.

Accepted Finishing postion in 2006
- 14-10

By this time Wally should have the team doing something it hasn't benn able to since Northey - play for one another and as a team.

Accepted Finishing postion in 2007

12 - 8.
Finals footy

JohnF:
Sounds good Oxilary. Wallace is the way to go.

Just another thing I expect:

-The playing group to not only respect the new coach, but to fear him. I don't think its a good idea for the players to be too matesy with the coach. The new coach should inspire fear and respect, in that order. Frawley is too nice of a guy, and as we all know, nice guys get exploited. We need a prick in charge, but an honest prick. Wallace is that prick. stuff he is a prick, lmfaoooooo!!!

Ox:
The club definitely needs more pricks JohnF.

We have had a rather prickless last 20 years as it stands.

Pricks stand up to be counted.

It's time to stand up to the recent spate of rodgerings !! ;D

JohnF:
F'n oath. The trick for the club is to find pricks with a level-head and without psychopathic tendencies. We can do without pricks like Mal Brown, as he is of the latter prick variety.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version