General > General Discussion

A-League thread

(1/452) > >>

mightytiges:
Last night I went to see the Victory play at the Dome for the first time and picked a good night to go with the game finishing 3-3 and 2 red cards handed out to Victory players lol.

The crowd went off when the late equaliser was scored  :thumbsup. They have about 4 or 5 different cheer squads spread around the ground to boost the noise factor. Perhaps something a AFL club with a large supporter base could take off at the Dome which amplifies the noise. Pre-game and half-time is pretty much the same as AFL (nothing much apart from the little leaguers). The only difference is the music is cranked up about twice as loud and the teams enter the ground together to "top 40" songs rather than their club theme songs.

Oh and well done to the kid who got himself kicked out, just as the teams came out onto the field, for chucking a toilet roll from the top deck and not realising two cops were standing right behind him as he did it :wallywink  :rollin. 

Ramps:
there all hooligans down at the Victory ;D toilet rolls pffft ... you guys should go to Bob Jane...we are the epitomy of good behaviour  ;D

WilliamPowell:
I wonder if South Melbourne are any show ramps of getting into the A-League - and I am being serious

Because the really have to do something about New Zealand  :help and wouldn't that open up a place in the competition

cub:

--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on November 05, 2006, 10:23:03 PM ---I wonder if South Melbourne are any show ramps of getting into the A-League - and I am being serious

Because the really have to do something about New Zealand  :help and wouldn't that open up a place in the competition

--- End quote ---

Too closly associated with a particular ethnic group - Wont happen, Soccer Australia wants to keep that poo out of the game and thats a good thing, even though I don't really care.

Haven't been to a victory game yet, have to have a look one day, not at that craphole Dome though  :thumbsup

mightytiges:

--- Quote from: CUB on November 05, 2006, 10:50:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on November 05, 2006, 10:23:03 PM ---I wonder if South Melbourne are any show ramps of getting into the A-League - and I am being serious

--- End quote ---

Too closly associated with a particular ethnic group - Wont happen, Soccer Australia wants to keep that poohe out of the game and thats a good thing, even though I don't really care.

--- End quote ---

Spot on CUB. The FFA wouldn't allow Hellas in despite the support they have. As for another non-ethnic Melbourne based club being created, I can't see it happening. 11,000 members and crowds of 28,000 are excellent figures for the Victory but it probably says having another club in Melbourne is non-viable. Soccer should be content with having one long-term financially secure club like the Victory in each city.

The NZ Knights are a joke but they have a 5-year deal with the A-League.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version