General > General Discussion

A-League thread

<< < (439/452) > >>

dwaino:
I think Canberra will happen. Disappointing about the Wolves but FFA probably conceded that there are too many NSW teams. I thought Brisbane Strikers might have been a good chance to come back despite the small Brisbane market. Maybe next time. Reckon it will be between Western Melbourne out of Geelong or Souths. Leaning towards South Melbourne because of the ready made supporter base and their facilities aren’t far off. Lakeside could be a great multi purpose boutique stadium if they go ahead and the state government chip in a few dollars. The League’s stake holders still have ambitions for a second division so it’s these clubs like South Melbourne, Wolves, Marconi and Strikers that need to be considered over brand new, characterless licenses.

Diocletian:
Wolves would've finally given me an A-League club to give a shyte about.....oh well....

mightytiges:
Gallop is chasing the TV dollar. He's already mentioned a number of times about fishing where the fish are. So the two clubs that add more high profile derbies will be chosen IMO. No real surprise the FFA has whittled the list down to NSW/ACT & Victorian bids. My guess for the final two would be South Sydney and Hellas.

Diocletian:
Yeah the AFL say the same corporate bollocks about why Gold Coast are in the AFL ahead of Tasmania. Short-sighted nonsense.

dwaino:
Just got in to Marvel, looks an awful lot like Etihad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version