General > General Discussion

A-League thread

<< < (2/452) > >>

Ramps:
to be honest I dont see south getting in but they may be part of a consortium which wouldnt be to bad.

mightytiges:
Did anyone else here go to the soccer tonight? A crowd of 50,333. Who would have believed getting a crowd like that to a domestic soccer game even 3 years ago. I don't remember seeing the Dome that chockers before.

As for the game -> :sleep and not just because it finished nil all. Most of the match was flat and Sydney FC kept most their players behind the ball so Melbourne only had 3 or 4 good chances all night. The biggest cheer was for when the record attendance was flashed on the scoreboard lol. Flooding ruins any football match no matter the code.

mightytiges:

--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on November 05, 2006, 10:23:03 PM ---Because the really have to do something about New Zealand  :help and wouldn't that open up a place in the competition

--- End quote ---

NZ knights are getting the flick at the end of this A-league season. They'll give up their license in exchange for paying off their debts. 

tiga:
Whilst I agree with you MT on the one town one team sustainability plan, I fear that the A-League may have shot themselves in the foot from a growth perspective. They can't really have another "melbourne" named team and changing names would be financial suicide so they will have to do what they've done in NSW and go for regionals like Geelong or gippsland. Unfortunately for Ramps sake, IMO there will never be another cultural or community based team in the NSL/A-League.

Ramps:
I cant see South getting in as they are at the moment but they may be part of a consortium. Anyway the A League has got quite a few problems.

18 months in and the A League has cancelled NZ Knights licence
Brisbane cant afford the rent at Suncorp and are investigating a move to Ballymore
Perth have lost 50% of there crowd since the old NSL Days
and theres afew other bits and pieces. Anyway for the sake of the code I hope they all get there act together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version