Author Topic: Team you want to beat the most in 2023?  (Read 2318 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Team you want to beat the most in 2023?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2023, 10:49:29 AM »
Carlton
Carlton
And Carlton
X 1 billion trillion
X another billion trillon

(Although beating them 3 times in a season means they play finals and rather they miss again)
Gracie

I can’t explain my abhorrence and disgust for Carlton, their supporters are ok one on one but at a game they are disgraceful and I looooooaaaathe them. Plus that Yarran trade really double iced the cake.

I have to admit it but I hate Carlton so much, Collingwood is my second team (the enemy of my enemy is my friend)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2023, 11:44:42 AM »
MOL, Yarran might rankle but surely Grigg for Collins more than made up for it?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2023, 03:25:19 PM »
Traditionally the other Big 4 clubs with Collingwood top of the list. Carlton and Essendon's past 20 years of failure has been very satisfying  ;D.

Current: Geelong (thanks to SHocking plus the taking out of Prestia)

Don’t get the Nort obsession
They are a minnow joke that shouldn’t matter

Eff Nort

Have always hated th3m and their arrogant fans. Goes back over 30 years

Throw in the fact they beat us again 2022

Minnow or not, their fans are they pits

Just reckon they aren’t worth the effort

Total waste of space

Useless club .. shouldn’t even be in existence
Norf are simply annoying for those very reasons. Every year we get stuck playing them away at Docklands and they pump themselves up for their 'Grand Final' in a game we don't give a stuff about.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2023, 05:12:13 PM »
Carlton
Carlton
And Carlton
X 1 billion trillion

(Although beating them 3 times in a season means they play finals and rather they miss again)

Technically if we beat them twice during the H&A, again in a QF and again in the GF we could roll them 4 times in one year.

Wonder if that's ever happened gee it would be nice.

When I played basketball we got beat 3x by a team, 2x in H&A and once in the qualifying final. Then we best their asses silly in the GF with yours truly scoring a lazy 18 points. Great memory.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2023, 08:37:57 PM »
I want to make Chris Scott cry again .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2023, 09:33:35 PM »
Carlton
Carlton
And Carlton
X 1 billion trillion

Gracie

I can’t explain my abhorrence and disgust for Carlton, their supporters are ok one on one but at a game they are disgraceful and I looooooaaaathe them. Plus that Yarran trade really double iced the cake.

I have to admit it but I hate Carlton so much, Collingwood is my second team (the enemy of my enemy is my friend)

No need to explain your hatred of that lying scumbag cheating club. Fully understand and agree.

These type of threads come up periodically on the various Tiger forums and my answer is always the same. Carlton then daylight.

In fact most weekends l have two teams l cheer for. The mighty Tigers and the team playing Carlton

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2023, 10:10:27 PM »
Carlton
Carlton
And Carlton
X 1 billion trillion

Gracie

No need to explain your hatred of that lying scumbag cheating club. Fully understand and agree.

These type of threads come up periodically on the various Tiger forums and my answer is always the same. Carlton then daylight.

In fact most weekends l have two teams l cheer for. The mighty Tigers and the team playing Carlton

I’m the same Gracie

Richmond and the team playing carlton
Two games to cheer for

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2023, 04:18:12 AM »
Carlton
Carlton
And Carlton
X 1 billion trillion

Gracie

I’m the same Gracie

Two games to cheer for
The worst one was when they finished 9th and beat us in the first final, still spewing on that one and it was from an almost unlosable position

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2023, 04:50:46 AM »
Carlton
Carlton
And Carlton
X 1 billion trillion

Gracie

I’m the same Gracie

Two games to cheer for
The worst one was when they finished 9th and beat us in the first final, still spewing on that one and it was from an almost unlosable position
Painful and embarrassing at the time but in hindsight a blessing in disguise. The Blues on the back of that win overrated their 9th-finishing list which wrecked them for a decade ;D. Conversely, we win the next 11 straight against them (would have been more if we had played them twice a year - thanks again AFL ::) ). More importantly, after two more Elim debacles & 2016 :P, we faced up to the reality that our list and gameplan was only good enough at best to make finals but not contend. We don't win a flag let alone the three between 2017-2020 without the harsh lessons of the 5 years that preceded them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2023, 12:15:24 PM »

Little bit different dont you think we only traded for Grigg as a token gesture as we were going to take him in the psd.They actually wanted a fair bit more and felt we didn't play ball.

We sort of screwed em but they got their own back with the Hampson trade at 28 and then put the icing on the cake with the Yarran trade.
That Yarran trade Probably cost us Josh Dunkley who was very much in our sights that year.and there was some very good players left around pick 28 onwards the pick we gave up for Uber dud Hampson..

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2023, 08:59:05 PM »

Little bit different dont you think we only traded for Grigg as a token gesture as we were going to take him in the psd.They actually wanted a fair bit more and felt we didn't play ball.

We sort of screwed em but they got their own back with the Hampson trade at 28 and then put the icing on the cake with the Yarran trade.
That Yarran trade Probably cost us Josh Dunkley who was very much in our sights that year.and there was some very good players left around pick 28 onwards the pick we gave up for Uber dud Hampson..

I was filthy when we traded Collins out.

I was a big fan. Remember being at that game vs Sydney when he got concussed. Was a great kick and goal kicker. I truly believe Carltank ruined his career.

Otherwise they sure got us back with Hampson and Yarran with a vengeance. Glad we have the flags since to rub in their faces though.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2023, 10:19:38 AM »
Geelong
Carlton
Essendon
Collingwood
North Melbourne
St Kilda
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Fremantle