Football > View from the Outer

NRL's William -v- Freo's Farmer which is worse?

(1/3) > >>

WilliamPowell:
I was watching the rubgy league on Saturday night and saw the much publicised "king hit" by the Storm's Danny Williams on the West Tigers's O'Neill.

Last night for the first time I saw vision of Freo's Farmer kneeing the Adelaide player's (whos name escapes me) head.

Both acts were cowardly IMO but which is worse?

Williams for getting up and chasing the Wests player and decking him or Farmer who appears to look up and see who's watching and then kneeing the bloke while he was on the ground and breaking his eye socket.

Williams will probably get 15-20 weeks.

I reckon Farmer deserves to get 12-16 weeks. But with our tribunal who knows  :-\ he'll probably only get 4 >:(

Tiger Spirit:
Haven't seen the Williams one WP, but the Farmer one doesn't look good.  I expect probably between 4-6 weeks.

Only because I don't think Farmer's intention was to do that sort of damage.  Maybe just to let him know he was around.

Doesn't change the fact that it was reckless, unnecessary and undisciplined though.

mightytiges:
I'm the opposite to TS. I haven't see the Farmer incident but have seen the RL one which was shocking. A cowardly and thuggish act.

As for what the AFL tribunal will do - Who knows! Stafford copped 3 weeks for falling on a player in the act of play (that is not premeditated unlike Farmer) whereas others who did the exact same thing have received a lesser sentence and some have gotten off  ::). 

JohnF:
As always, the penalty will be worse when a player gets injured. If the other bloke didn't get injured Farmer would have been looking at something like 3-5 weeks. Now he's probably going to be looking at 6-10.

I've seen way bigger c**t acts on the footy field, so I hope the tribunal don't crucify him. 8 weeks is penalty enough IMO.

JohnF:
WTF? Farmer cleared?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version