Football > Richmond Rant

Brisbane Beef Boys

(1/3) > >>

Harry:
Mal Michael stated yesterday that Leigh Mathews main goal with all his players was to get them as big and strong as possible.  Mal Michael is huge.  So is Johnson, Voss, Lynch, Leppitsch,....most of them. 

Surley the RFC can somehow follow what the medical, fitness and conditioning staff up in Brisbane are doing in terms of a medical, nutrition and weights/conditioning regime they have up there.  It can't be too hard to collect the necessary information as to what they are doing differently and try and adopt their procedures.

Akermanis was on the footy show last week and he said that they place great pride and emphasis on this aspect of their organisation, especially the medical area.  Surley all this stuff is common knowledge to someone in the sports medicine field.  Do we have anyone with half an idea in this area ?

What are our blokes doing because when you see players like Fiora, Hyde, Krakour etc running around, you have to query whether we really have our finger on the pulse regarding physical development of our players.

JohnF:
Spot on once again Harry.

Seeing Aker talk about their medical/scientific awareness just made me respect the Brisbane beef boys that little bit more so and made me hope that they continue to treat the rest of the competition as the beef injection boys.

That we have so many underdeveloped players speaks volumes for Richmond's unprofessionalism and we rightfully deserve to be sitting on the bottom of the ladder.

And you can argue that they have heaps of money and that's why they have hyperbarric chambers and this and that and blah blah blah, but at the end of the day, if we were a serious institution we would too. I hope Richmond think abotu that when they are wasting their money on the next end of season trip.

The only trip they should be taking is down to the gymnasium. A nice 4 month travelling experience which will be more rewarding than hooking up with some hookers and cracking jokes over seas will ever be. 

mightytiges:
Harry if you're able to get a hold of a copy of last week's Record look at the pics of Chris Johnson taken at 3 points in his career and then compare it with many of our blokes. Brisbane are so far ahead of the other 15 clubs both on and off field they could win another 3 flags. Scarey how amatuerish they make everyone else look. They squeeze everything out of every area in footy to gain an advantage.

Ox:
Victoria will NEVER have a team like Brisbane or even WestCoast when they first arrived on the scene - We dont have the climate to cultivate such inspired levels of fitness.

Those guys life is the best.

Wake up go 4 run along beach or a surf.

Go home 4 brekky amd then go training.

After training go relax on a boat fishing somewhere or go surfing again - whatever !

Every day u actually want to do something for yourself.

This Melb/Vic weather is only good for ducks,not to mention training in the middle of one
of the busiest major intersections in the city.

Good luck to any Vic team that wants to catch them.

Maybe we should locate to Cairns and become The Mighty Cairns Tigers.

JohnF:
LMFAOOOO@the Mexico Tigers training in high altitude and hydrating themselves from the water in cactus plants.

We aren't helped by the fact that we are smack-bang in the hustle and bustle of the city and the weather isn't great in Melbourne, but don't forget that the pre-season takes place in spring/summer time and there is plenty of sunshine for our boys to train in (and get sunburnt in  :lol).

But seriously, I think will-power, medical/scientific knowledge and proper training facilities i.e a good gymnasium and a place to get some poluution-free air, are the key-stones to catching up to the lions. We can match them if we get serious. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version