(1/4) > >>

mightytiges:
The top picks - how they're faring
1:27:11 PM Thu 13 May, 2004
Matt Burgan
Sportal - afl.com.au

RICHMOND – Alex Gilmour:
No.21, 184cm, 77kg, Tasmania
The youngest player in the AFL, who was eligible by just one day for last year’s National AFL Draft, Gilmour is very much seen a long-term prospect for the Tigers. An in-and-under type, he is honing his skills via the Coburg Tigers where he has played every game in the VFL in 2004. With added size and further development to his game, he looms as a promising prospect but appears more likely to make his AFL debut in 2005.

Full artlice on top draft picks: http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=148703

I haven't seen any VFL games this year. How has Gilmour gone so far at Coburg?

Harry:
I've seen Alex a couple of times at Coburg and there isn't much at this point to get too excited about.  He looks like a kid playing against grown men.  Big gamble to take with our first pick IMO.......hopefully he comes good.

WilliamPowell:
I saw Alex play against Box Hill on ANZAC day. I was impressed with his skills, speed and the fact he wasn't scared to go in a get "hard ball". The one thing I always watch at VFL level is the players disposal because some of our senior guy's disposal is woeful at best. Gilmour's disposal by foot seemed good (he hit targets :)). By hand was even more impressive - especailly at the bottom of packs firing out the quick handball. He also seemed to have a really good understanding with young Foley

His biggest problem is his size. By this I mean weight not height. He his very lean and I reckon would struggle against the bigger bodies in the AFL. In the VFL it isn't such an issue but in the big stuff it maybe a worry.

Now I know Tom Roach isn't Richo size but next to Alex - Tommy looks like Coughlan like in size  ;D

Struggletown:
Has Kyle Archibald played for Coburg? I know he has OP but don't know if hes played yet or if anyones seen him?

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: BoogieKnights on May 13, 2004, 03:57:42 PM ---Has Kyle Archibald played for Coburg? I know he has OP but don't know if hes played yet or if anyones seen him?

--- End quote ---

Hasn't played yet and still isn't training fully. I spoke to him back in March and wasn't even able to run. I would be surprised if plays much at all this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version