Football > Richmond Rant

2008 Best Line-Up

(1/3) > >>

torch:
OER People ... make your "Best Richmond Line-Up" for 2008 ...

Mr Magic:
Early dayz but assuming all are at 100%..

B      King     Thursfield    Polak
HB McMahon   Schulz     J Bowden
C    Newman  Coughlan  Tambling
HF   Petiffer  Richardson   Brown
F    Connors    Deledio    Pattison 

R Simmonds Tuck Foley

IC: Johnson Polo Cotchin Edwards

Em: Morton Jackson J Riewoldt 

Not that easy. :-\ A few like Raines, Tivendale, Hyde etc. will miss out.

mightytiges:
At this stage this is tough with so many cubs on the cusp.

B:   King            Thursty         Bowden
HB: McMahon     Schulz        Morton
C:   Sugar          Newman      Jacko
HF:  Petts           Polak           Richo
F:    Browny        Lids          Edwards
R:   Simmo      Tambling        Foley

Int: Patto, Tuck, Tivs, Raines

Emg: Hughes, Polo, Hyde

Cogs in our best 2009 side after a year getting back into footy. Same with Cotchin.

blx:
instead of making my favourite team i've been slowly putting a team together which is the team id like to see play the last game of the H&A season as thats the team i think will be around for awhile but ummm its still coming ... wont be long.

blx:
ok i can tell you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for my team  :wallywink, so here it is : remember this is the team i'd like to see selected in Round 22 off the back of form.

Shane Tuck and Andrew Raines were my first targets. Sorry to say but i think for all their strengths their cons outweigh their effectiveness.

Tuck, while a good getter of the ball inside still continues to sky the ball and turn the ball over around the ground through bad decision making and/or delivery.

OUT: Tuck     IN: COUGHLAN

Rainesy has no lateral game of any kind and is simply not a footballer. If his name wasnt Raines, i very much doubt he would even be on that field.

OUT: Raines     IN: CASSERLY

If you think those first two are crap decisions on my behalf then you wont like the next.

OUT: Petiffer     IN: MORTON

Told you. Wont happen i know but its still a move i'd like to see. Mitch Morton is a class act and i hope will eventually take Petts spot in the side. Why? because he will eventually offer two important things that Petts doesnt have. Foward defnsive pressure and another classy midfielder availiable for rotation. Simple decision really.

And what about this one : OUT: Johnson     IN: POLO  :o.

Yup, another that simply wont happen but... We all know about Jono. They're both similar players except one is older, slower and has shocking footskills even under no pressure... oh yeah and he has played in two winning grand finals. He wasnt by any stretch of the imagination pivotal in either but still he was there as a spritely (some would say, lucky) young player. Polo is an enigma in my books. He has an incredible way of being a super scrooge. You'll find it incredibly hard to get the ball off Mr Scrooge. He's also very versatile, a great tagger and has a huge engine to boot. His upside is a million times that of Jono's and the sooner we start thinking fresh, the quicker we'll start going places.

Alex Rance is a player i'd love to come on in his first year. Of all the juniors he's the one i want to click quickly. He offers alot of run, strength, height and agility and has very good disposal. I've penned him in for the bench.

Cotch is in there as well. Lets hope by round 22 both Cotch and Rance are in the side, if not, no big deal theres still plenty of time but once again in an idela world...

I think my team reflects less turnovers all over the ground, which is where i think we are suffocating. Tambling, Polak and Graham are my iffy choices. I hope they all come on this year otherwise it will be very dissapointing but if they do it gives the side a great look. As for Mcmahon...pfft.

So my Round 22 Team i hope would look something like this :

Brown               Deledio               Edwards
Richo                Patto                 Morton
Connors            Polo                   Tambling
Newman            Bowden              Polak
Moore              Thursfield            King
Simmonds          Foley                Coughlan

Graham, Casserly, Cotchin, Rance.

fire away...  :outtahere

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page