General > General Discussion

'04 Olympics thread

<< < (2/23) > >>

WilliamPowell:
I have to admit I just don't have any enthusiasim for the Olympics - probably because the sports I'm usually interested in have been "tainted" this time round.

Usually I follow:

Cycling - not interested now
Basketball - where's Andrew Gaze but will still have Lauren Jackson
Weightlifting - who was that girl who ran from the drug inspectors - catch me if you can :-\
Soccer - loved Cameroon :thumbsup
Athletics - where's Cathy and I am sorry but I am so over Jana :-X
Boxing - I still remember Jeff Fenech sooking when he lost all those years ago
Swimming - I have a problem with those swim suits - and did anyone see DeBruins photo in the Hun the other day - she looks like she turned Chinese :o

The ones I can't stand:
Beach volleyball - yeah right
Tennis - sorry it aint no olympic sport ditto
Baseball, softball

Next thing you know we will have Frisbee throwing as an olympic sport

JohnF:
Froars did you watch the waterpolo final at the Sydney games? Awesome finish! LMFAOOOOOOO@you playing waterpolo.

Is Andrew Gaze in the basketball team? LMFAOOOOOO@the best basketballer we have being 45 years old.

LMFAOOOOOOOO@Jana Pitman updates every night on the news. LMFAOOOOOO@tonight's episode focusing on her meditation techniques which allow her to sense her injury healing. I can't wait till she gets creamed.

LMFAOOOOOOOO@becoming expert judges in events where you don't even know the criteria for scoring.

lmfaooooo@Australians giving a schit about trapshooting and equestrian for one day every 4 years.

lmfaooooooooooo@the Bulgarian weightlifting team using steroids from the 80's which they imported from the United states and getting disqualified for not being up to date with the latest designer drugs.

julzqld:
I actually thought DeBruin looked ok.  It's true what they say about television adding pounds to you though.  I remember seeing Dyana Calub on the tv and she looked pretty big and then one day she was at my gym and she looked half the size.  The male swimmers are pretty impressive.  We see Grant Hackett a lot as my kids swim at the same pool.  I remember when Michael Klim was training there and he used to wear the skimpiest togs - but his body :gobdrop  More mums were watching him than their own kids.

What I don't like is the uniform for the athletes - surely they could sew in a jockstrap or something for the males - you practically see everything swinging in the breeze.  Don't ask me why that gets me and speedoes don't :-\

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: JohnF on August 13, 2004, 12:02:19 AM ---
Is Andrew Gaze in the basketball team? LMFAOOOOOO@the best basketballer we have being 45 years old.

--- End quote ---

Sorry JohnF there's no - Andy Gaze if there was maybe we would have a chance :lol

--- Quote from: JohnF on August 13, 2004, 12:02:19 AM ---
LMFAOOOOOOOO@Jana Pitman updates every night on the news. LMFAOOOOOO@tonight's episode focusing on her meditation techniques which allow her to sense her injury healing.

--- End quote ---

As the book I was once given by Hare Krishnas says - "Chant and be Happy"  ;D

the_boy_jake:
LMAO you know you're a bumpkin country when you are this good at trap shooting.#

Look at the pedigree we have with guns in this country... milat, bryant and co.

LMAO at your whole life being about shooting dirt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version