Football > Richmond Rant

Matthew Rogers

(1/3) > >>

WilliamPowell:
In last weeks "On the Prowl" page I raised the idea of the Club allowing Matthew, once he is fully fit, to play the 4 games he requires to reach the 200 game milestone and then having him retire.

It has been well documented that Matthew was contracted for this season (2004) and at the end of 2003 there were 3 options. One he could have retired, two: we could have traded him (which was never an option) or three: he remained on the list. De-listing was not an option because he was contracted.

Obviously, option 3 is what we have in 2004.  I reckon it is fair assumption to think that the reason he has continued is because he would love to play 200 games for the 1 team.

What is also obvious is that he struggling with injury and his chances to play the remaining 4 games he needs is becoming seemingly more remote ever week unless some sort of arrangement can be reached.

So what does the club do?

The next part of the equation is we have a couple of rookies (Moore & Dragga) that who should (subject to them continuing with their solid form with Coburg) IMO be given a chance to play seniors in 2004 to see if they worth promoting in 2005.

Is it worth saying "as soon as you are fit we'll play you for those 4 games and then you can retire". Thus presenting the opportunity for one of the rookies?

Or do we just have the status quo remain and see what happens?

Thoughts....

Ox:
I too would like to see Buck break the double ton.
Good bloke and with his injuries has lost all of his
confidence.
Dragga is just a dud.

Struggletown:
Yeah good idea WP

I still admire him for his undoubted courage,but he is no longer an option to strengthen the side.

By all reports from Coburg games Foley and Kel Moore seem promising and may be worth promoting.

Anyone seen these boys play?

Harry:
There is no way Rogers can play a senior game in the near future.  He has put on too much weight and is struggling to run.  Also he got injured the other week, again.

If he is truly a good bloke he would retire now and let the club promote a rookie.  He should be grateful to the club for giving him a piggy back ride to 190+ games.  At any other club he would have been lining up at centrelink years ago.

Same goes for Kellaway.

JohnF:
lmfaooooooo@Rogers bulking up for a big year at Coburg. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version