Football > View from the Outer

Glen Jakovich - A class Act

(1/2) > >>

WilliamPowell:
I watched "On the Couch" last night and their guest was Glen Jakovich.

I have always been a fan of the way he played the game. He was tough and uncomprimising. His battles over the years with Carey were fantastic. I cannot remember the number of times I wished for him to be in a Tiger jumper.

Listening to him last night he impressed me further with his passion for his Club and his teammates. With him it was always about what was best from his Club and his team - hence why he has retired now. He said the coach had said he would be played for the rest of the year if he kept going. He said if he kept going it would be stopping a young bloke form getting an opportunity and he didn't want to do that because that wasn't the right thing for his team and Club. IMO that's the way it should be.

A class act in my opinion and I wish Glen Jakovich all the best for the future

froars:
I wonder if a couple of our players were watching that interview and thinking "am i doing the right thing by the Tigers".

Tiger Spirit:
I saw the interview too WP.  I guess being so far away, here in Victoria, we never really get to see how good some of the players from other states are and you never get to know their personality or anything much about them.

From the interviews I saw of him over the weekend, you can see why he was so successful and why he became the great player he was, because he obviously knuckled down and took on the challenges that Mick Malthouse set for him.  The great thing for him was that Malthouse could see what he was capable of and got that out of him and possibly more.

Glen seems content that he got the best out of himself and leaves the game without regret of what might have been.

Good luck to him.

Puntroadroar:
my wife is a huge eagles fan over here in the west, she cried when she heard the news! I told her its only a footballer get over it LOL

geez, maybe I dont understand because I hate the eagles

hahahaha

nah good luck to jako in his future he was a great player

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: froars on May 18, 2004, 09:53:06 AM ---I wonder if a couple of our players were watching that interview and thinking "am i doing the right thing by the Tigers".

--- End quote ---

The very same thing crossed my mind  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version