Author Topic: Brownlow thread  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Brownlow thread
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 12:10:02 AM »
If they'd worn their ankle supports on the outside of their socks like Keith Greig they would have bolted in.  :D :(
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 12:32:53 AM »
Cogs, Browny and Lids next year will have bleached dreadlocks, sparkling ruby boots and iloveallumpires.com.au as sponsor on the back of their guernseys. That should do the trick lol.

The highest RFC player got 10 votes which is the same as last year under Spud despite us winning 6 more games. The extra votes went to more Tigers.

2005: Cogs 10, Tuck 8, Richo 7, Browny 7, Johnson 7, Hyde 5, Pettifer 2, Cambo 2, Krakouer 2, Deledio 2, Gas 1, Hall 1  (total: 54 votes, 12 Tigers)

2004: Richo 10, Browny 8, Bowden 8, Johnson 4, Tivas 3, Schulz 2, Cambo 1 (total: 36 votes, 7 Tigers)

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 04:41:44 AM »
Brownlow votes by teams

Adelaide 92
West Coast 90
St Kilda 86
Sydney 82
Western Bulldogs 81 (11 wins)
Kangaroos 73 (13 wins)
Geelong 71 (12 wins)
Fremantle 69  (11 wins)
Brisbane Lions 62  (10 wins)
Hawthorn 61 (5 wins)
Port Adelaide 60  (11.5 wins)
Melbourne 54  (12 wins)
Richmond 54  (10 wins)
Essendon 50  (8 wins)
Collingwood 37 (5 wins)
Carlton 34 (4 wins)

The Umps must like the colours brown and gold ::).

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 08:44:14 AM »
Ok time for Julz' fashion critique of the Brownlows.  The usual best dressed didn't fail - eg Jo Silvagni, Danielle Harvey, Lisa-Marie Lloyd (although I don't like orange).  The perennial worst dresser didn't fail either - ie Tania Buckley - at least she wasn't flashing her boobs this year but honestly this girl has no idea.  Girls that are too thin - Chris Judd's Rebecca and Pavlich's Lauren.  Big improvers from last year:  Carla McGuire, although would still like to see her in something more fitting so she doesn't always look pregnant; Megan Akermanis and dare I say it, Richo's Merinda (although I think the dress should be longer, but her hair and accessories were good).  Lots of ladies really need to think about accessories as it would really have topped off what they were wearing.  Dresses that look like nighties:  Ben Cousin's Sam and Mark Johnson's Amy.  Notable mentions:  Stephanie Wanganeen (very Hollywood), Steph McIntosh, Lauren Newton, Daniel Well's Ria, Jonathon Brown's Kylie, Luke Ball's partner, Serita Stella.  Nick Dal Santo's partner looked like she borrowed one of the dresses from "Dancing with the Stars".  Rated Bad/Hideous:  Brett Kirk's wife, Ben Rutten's partner (shocking), Heath Black's partner, Shane Crawford's partner, Trent Croad's partner in the pink leopard skin print (tarty) and Brad Johnson's wife (ok she's pregnant but you still can look nice).

Out of the Richmond crowd:  Cogs' partner - looked nice but very young, Merinda as mentioned (she does love really high heels though, must be quite short) and Shane Tuck's partner Catherine looked ok but not too fussed on the dress.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:46:03 AM by julzqld »

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 08:54:28 AM »
A quick couple of questions who decides the invites for the brownlows?

Does a player need to have got a vote to get an invite?

Are all former winners invited

Just curious

HT

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 03:47:32 PM »
A quick couple of questions who decides the invites for the brownlows?

Does a player need to have got a vote to get an invite?

Are all former winners invited

Just curious

HT

Not sure exactly but it would previous winners, All-Australians, AFL life members, AFL officials and reps from each club - coach, captain and those expected to poll well. For us last night Wallace, Johnson, Richo, Cogs, Tuck and Lids. I didn't see Bowden but presumably he was there too.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 05:14:12 PM »
The perennial worst dresser didn't fail either - ie Tania Buckley - at least she wasn't flashing her boobs this year but honestly this girl has no idea. 

She definitely loves the orange fake tan  :-X.

What did you think of Cameron Ling and Brodie Holland Julz?  ;D

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2005, 05:31:51 PM »
MT Bowden was definetly there, everytime i saw him he was stuffing around on his phone (is the misses at home pregnant or someshit?  ???)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2005, 05:33:47 PM »
Ok time for Julz' fashion critique of the Brownlows.  The usual best dressed didn't fail - eg Jo Silvagni, Danielle Harvey, Lisa-Marie Lloyd (although I don't like orange).  The perennial worst dresser didn't fail either - ie Tania Buckley - at least she wasn't flashing her boobs this year but honestly this girl has no idea.  Girls that are too thin - Chris Judd's Rebecca and Pavlich's Lauren.  Big improvers from last year:  Carla McGuire, although would still like to see her in something more fitting so she doesn't always look pregnant; Megan Akermanis and dare I say it, Richo's Merinda (although I think the dress should be longer, but her hair and accessories were good).  Lots of ladies really need to think about accessories as it would really have topped off what they were wearing.  Dresses that look like nighties:  Ben Cousin's Sam and Mark Johnson's Amy.  Notable mentions:  Stephanie Wanganeen (very Hollywood), Steph McIntosh, Lauren Newton, Daniel Well's Ria, Jonathon Brown's Kylie, Luke Ball's partner, Serita Stella.  Nick Dal Santo's partner looked like she borrowed one of the dresses from "Dancing with the Stars".  Rated Bad/Hideous:  Brett Kirk's wife, Ben Rutten's partner (shocking), Heath Black's partner, Shane Crawford's partner, Trent Croad's partner in the pink leopard skin print (tarty) and Brad Johnson's wife (ok she's pregnant but you still can look nice).

Out of the Richmond crowd:  Cogs' partner - looked nice but very young, Merinda as mentioned (she does love really high heels though, must be quite short) and Shane Tuck's partner Catherine looked ok but not too fussed on the dress.

Thank's for that Julz my wife enjoyed your comments

Bulluss

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2005, 09:09:52 PM »
Dont get me wrong, i love Lids like everyone else but how the hell did he get 2 votes against the Cats.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 05:48:35 AM »
Dont get me wrong, i love Lids like everyone else but how the hell did he get 2 votes against the Cats.

Lids broke open the play out of defence a few times so he might have caught the umps eye. That's the only thing I can think of. IMO Joel was best for us. Maybe it was payback for Lids getting no votes against the Hawks the week before ???

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 07:55:47 AM »
Yea i couldn't Lids getting 2 votes in the Geelong game, and not getting any in the Hawks game (his best game by far).

IMO there is no consistency in the umpires voting.

I will say this though, if Kozi has an injury free season he'll win the brownlow, he got votes in everygame he played just about!  :o

I'll be putting a quiet few $$$ on him for next year!  :shh

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2005, 08:33:43 AM »
Cameron Ling badly needs a haircut (when you look that bad you can only get better) and Brodie Holland fancies himself as the next Shane Crawford.  Even Richo (and this breaks my heart to say it) wasn't looking his best - looks better in dark suits.  Some of the guys looked like they'd been to their nearest op shop to get their suits.  The dress code was meant to be black tie.  No-one really cares about the flashy shoes, unless you are female.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2005, 05:09:07 PM »
Cameron Ling badly needs a haircut

Yeah Lingy's got the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz look going  ;).