Author Topic: Ben Holland  (Read 1917 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Ben Holland
« on: September 04, 2004, 06:08:36 PM »
Today as well as this year for that matter justified offloading him. I'd reckon he'll find it hard to remain on the Dees list. Thankfully our payments towards his contract has finished now. $200K freed up  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

RonBranton

Re: Ben Holland
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 06:52:10 PM »
Holland had a shocker - only managed a couple of blocks - as far as I could tell he didn't have a stat?

Did anyone pick up that Essendon are very strong from the kick-ins? Malthouse mentioned it a couple of times - like about 12 - lol.
Mick was about as inciteful as any average bloke in a bar - the Emporor has no clothes - it wil be fascinating to watch how he is treated if the Magpies have another bad year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 10:43:35 PM »
Damn that reminds me I missed hearing Spud on MMM  ;).

Agree Ron. Mick made Walls sound like a guru. There were some rumblings on Collingwood boards this year by some Pie fans upset with Malthouse's coaching and recruting but most appeared to think this year was an anomoly. If the Pies flunk again in 2005 I'd reckon Micky might be in a bit of trouble. Also the press won't be so accommodating. Geez they went soft on the Woods.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 12:48:53 PM »
Hope Ben Holland has invested his mega-bucks wisely. I doubt there'll be any more next year for the mechano man.

Mick Malthouse has been an @rsehole to the media for years. Maybe them getting him to do special comments and make an imbecile of himself is their payback to him.
I'm still dirty on Mick for not using his influence to get the new Collingwood facility (former olympic pool) named after a past great Aussie olympic champion swimmer who had a name befitting of the club. Lorraine Crapp.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 12:56:38 PM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 06:40:32 PM »
I'm still dirty on Mick for not using his influence to get the new Collingwood facility (former olympic pool) named after a past great Aussie olympic champion swimmer who had a name befitting of the club. Lorraine Crapp.

;D :rollin

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 07:41:45 AM »
Melbourne supporters have been whinging all year how slow Holland is.

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 09:32:40 PM »
Holland = hopeless.
He actually had a bet with someone that he would finish in the top 10 in the 2002 Brownlow medal, fact.
he is obvisously a dreamer.