Author Topic: Richmond List of Retirements and Delistments  (Read 19669 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Polak delisted / official Richmond delistings
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »
I hope we don't do something silly and use our first rookie pick on him out of some paranoid fear another club may grab him. If he's not around at our last rookie pick then we should just move on.

You get the impression that that is not the case and if someone else did pick him they'd just wish him all best. I'd like to think that if they wanted him that bad they wouldn't have delisted him to start with.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »
Great clean out, really good to see, Polak must be given another chance and I think we will do it, other clubs will not touch him as an agreement will be made between clubs that this is the best for his rehab... IMO!!

Now Jackstar, plenty of room on our list for some hacks.... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2009, 04:53:33 PM »
Do we know anything about the rookie elevations yet?  Oops, edit, saw on the AFL site that Nahas and Browne have been elevated. 

That's six talls gone from the list - gonna be interesting to see where we replace all those guys from.

Who really cares??? They were and are all crap.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »
smashing effort!!
means nothing if you don't draft and develop well though...

Correct. And that will be our biggest and realist test. Its very, very easy to offload people, but to draft the correct people and then to develop that talent appropriately is the real magic. We have failed in this capacity for various reasons for a very long time. Time will tell us if we have truly handled this deficiency.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Gigantor

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2009, 05:17:44 PM »
hope our new draft picks dont end playing most of the season in the coburg magoos....what a waste that will be..again

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »
hope our new draft picks dont end playing most of the season in the coburg magoos....what a waste that will be..again

Dead right, at least 2-4 must play this year IMO, otherwise we should have recruited more experienced players... ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »

Dead right, at least 2-4 must play this year IMO, otherwise we should have recruited more experienced players... ;)
Where's that 'stirring the pot' smiliey?
 :jump

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2009, 05:51:22 PM »
Do we know anything about the rookie elevations yet?  Oops, edit, saw on the AFL site that Nahas and Browne have been elevated. 

That's six talls gone from the list - gonna be interesting to see where we replace all those guys from.

Who really cares??? They were and are all crap.
Sadly so true RR  :-\

Patto: in-between tall. Not a KPP and not a ruckman.
Schulz: 7 years and never came on. Still the same player he was when he was 19.
Putt: a small in a KPPs body. Preferred playing wing than down the spine. Lacked the required intensity.
Hughes: No intensity. Off-field issues.
Silvester: Good VFL player but not AFL standard. Too slow.
Polak: to be rookied. Was no certainty before the accident. I think his attitude and showing desperation on the field is why the Club is giving him a chance on the rookie list.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »
 :)

13 Players Out (12 maybe - Polak)

is this the biggest Clean Out?

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »

13 Players Out (12 maybe - Polak)

is this the biggest Clean Out?

It is in my memory but I suffer from Korsakoff's syndrome.

:cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »
Excellent result and hpefully by this time next year half of the senior list at round 22 2009 will have been delisted, retired, moved on, shown the door and sent on their merry way. Hardwick has done what is required. Well done to him. Finally a plan that a senior coach can honestly believe in rather than worrying what the board will do and say..... Well done Dimma keep up the good work. Now teach those left some skills if they can be taught. :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »
It is in my memory but I suffer from Korsakoff's syndrome.
Then i would suggest you eat more brown rice. Some would also say drink less,but ...naaahh. Perhaps just drinks Coopers which still has yeast in it?
 :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Polak axed but likely to return to Punt Rd via rookie list (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2009, 06:24:32 AM »
Graham Polak axed but likely to return to Punt Rd via rookie list
Jon Ralph | October 30, 2009 11:30pm

ONLY an unlikely approach from a rival club will prevent Richmond from rookie-listing Graham Polak later this year despite the Tigers delisting him yesterday.

New rules allowing clubs to rookie-list mature players regardless of their age or experience have come at the perfect time for Polak.

The 25-year-old will have to wait until the December 15 rookie draft, but Richmond has assured him it will pick him up again.

Polak recovered from a collision with a tram last year to return to senior football with Richmond, but the chances of another club selecting him in the national draft are slim.

As revealed by the Herald Sun early this month, the club has preferred Troy Simmonds to Adam Pattison which means the former No. 16 draft pick has been delisted.

In all nine players have been axed, including Nathan Brown, Mark Coughlan, Cleve Hughes, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Kayne Pettifer, Dean Putt and Jarrod Silvester.

With former captain Kane Johnson and dual Jack Dyer medallist Joel Bowden retiring and Jay Schulz traded for Port Adelaide's Mitch Farmer, Richmond's list has undergone a massive overhaul.

Small forward Robin Nahas and young ruckman Andrew Browne have been elevated to the primary list.

Mature-aged rookie Silvester had played some solid games at full-back, while high draft picks Hughes, Schulz and Oakley-Nicholls never flourished.

Richmond's general manager of football Craig Cameron was coy on the club's chances of rookie-listing Polak, but the club has already given him assurances it will retain him.

"We will investigate the opportunity of offering Graham Polak a position on our rookie list through the 2009 rookie draft, but obviously this will not be confirmed until after the draft has taken place," Cameron said.

Richmond is expected to take young Victorian midfielder Dustin Martin with its No. 3 pick in the national draft, and also has picks 19, 35, 44, 51, 67, 72 and 83.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,26284779-5016212,00.html

Gigantor

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »
The more i see the shocking state our list had been left at the angrier i have become with terry and all his sidekicks and everyone at the club.
In the five years didnt anyone review plans ,goals and aspirations,or werent the people doing that capable of that task

Jackstar is back

« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
The more i see the shocking state our list had been left at the angrier i have become with terry and all his sidekicks and everyone at the club.
In the five years didnt anyone review plans ,goals and aspirations,or werent the people doing that capable of that task

They werent capable of the tasks as they didnt know what was required.
There were no KPI,s and staff were managed extremely poorly,
The signing of Jordon McMahon and the resigning of Jay Schulz were evidence of the above.