Author Topic: Pettifer and Hughes GONE!  (Read 8047 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pettifer and Hughes GONE!
« on: September 10, 2009, 02:49:36 AM »
Caro in today's Age...

While Cousins' short-term future at Tigerland remains secure the club has closed the door on eight playing careers this year. Kane Johnson, Joel Bowden, Nathan Brown, Mark Coughlan, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Kayne Pettifer and Cleve Hughes have retired or been shown the door while Andrew Raines is expected to try his luck with the Brisbane Lions.

The Tigers will bring in the consultants Leading Teams into the club to develop its leadership during pre-season and have not yet reached final decisions on Troy Simmonds - who is expected to stay - and Graham Polak, who seems more likely to depart pending medical advice.

Matthew Richardson has until December to reach a decision upon his future but has been told by the club he is wanted by the new coach. Development coach Craig McRae now looks certain to join Michael Voss at the Brisbane Lions.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/cousins-to-sign-new-tiger-deal/2009/09/09/1252201266680.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pettifer and Hughes GONE!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:12:22 AM »
Good to see the clean out is not half hearted like it has been in the past! It should be exciting to see the replacement players next season!

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »
Keeping Simmonds?  >:(

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:21:14 AM »
It s going to be painful but it had to happen.

keep sweeping that broom Damien

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »
yeah good but WTF is simmonds still doing there.

he is the most pathetic ruckman in the afl. Even Gus and Patterson are better than him

stuff him off hardwick please
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »
yeah good but WTF is simmonds still doing there.

he is the most pathetic ruckman in the afl. Even Gus and Patterson are better than him

eff him off hardwick please

I hope they're trying to trade him or something.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Jackstar is back

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »
Mail is they will keep Simmo, as a back up

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »
someone pinch me please??

i cant believe this is happening.

Petrified and JON are no longer at our club.

i still think this is a dream.

Hardwick is right on track, so far... As long as he doesn't recruit rejects from other clubs ill be happy.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:02:17 AM »

I reckon if you change the i to a u you'll get crushed in the stampede.  :P

Bring on trade week.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 10:07:34 AM »
have not yet reached final decisions on Troy Simmonds - who is expected to stay - and Graham Polak, who seems more likely to depart pending medical advice.
Should be the other way around
Why would medical advice clear him to play at the end of this season, but then say for him to not go on? Makes no sense. Hope this isn't from our current club medicos who've been proved less than competent this year.

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 10:43:32 AM »

l'm starting to feel good about Richmond already  ;D wanted them to keep keep Hughes but Pt Adelaide are keen on him

get rid of Richo & Simmonds now & trade a few others like Conners, Shulzs, Putt, Gilligans Island,

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »

l'm starting to feel good about Richmond already  ;D wanted them to keep keep Hughes but Pt Adelaide are keen on him

get rid of Richo & Simmonds now & trade a few others like Conners, Shulzs, Putt, Gilligans Island,

Is Hughes that useless or was it the coach.

Im not sold on him getting shown the door, the others yes.

Yes next to go should be Schulz although ill throw him up for trade. Some fool would take him. Buldogs??

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 11:18:20 AM »
have not yet reached final decisions on Troy Simmonds - who is expected to stay - and Graham Polak, who seems more likely to depart pending medical advice.
Should be the other way around
Why would medical advice clear him to play at the end of this season, but then say for him to not go on? Makes no sense. Hope this isn't from our current club medicos who've been proved less than competent this year.

Very good comment there infamy.  Our medico's have been wanting this year with cousins hammy and richo's injury.  It would be a pity to see Polak go on our current medico's advice.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »
I'm pleased with the delisting/retirement decisions to date. I can see why Simmonds may be retained for one more season given the performances of our young rucks as the season drew to a close. Regardless he is lucky we have so many going otherwise he would have certainly joined the others exiting the club.

Very pleased that Pettifier and JON have left. Hughes may have been of some value but we could not wait forever - Terrible draft that one for us with JON, Hughes and Casserly  :'(

I am crossing my fingers that McMahon and Raines are traded and possibly another player as well such as a Schulz.

Polak should go based on the same criteria as Cogs. Polak was never a world beater when fully fit and in form unlike Cogs and is unlikely to every reach his pre-injury form let alone the standard we need for this point on. Forgetting the situation, sympathy and any other emotional sentiment - he should go.

Putt is an interesting one. I think his size and age will save him.

Regardless, I agree with daniel, if he can continue the way he is and doesn't trade away our picks or trade for has-beens i will be extremely pleased.  :thumbsup

Stripes

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 11:38:18 AM »

I reckon if you change the i to a u you'll get crushed in the stampede.  :P

Bring on trade week.
the best laugh I've had in a while. Thanks fishy.