Author Topic: Jack Dyer B&F Medal 2010 --- Jack Riewoldt wins!!!!!  (Read 15371 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Dyer B&F Medal 2010 --- Jack Riewoldt wins!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2010, 11:08:55 PM »
That's it. We are done tonight! Craig Willis says thanks to the crowd.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack takes Jack (RFC)
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:20 PM »
Jack takes Jack
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
10:35 PM Wed 01 September, 2010

Jack Riewoldt has capped off a superb, break-out season of AFL football by winning his inaugural Jack Dyer Medal.

Riewoldt becomes the first player in Richmond’s history to win the Best and Fairest and the competition’s leading goalkicker award in the same season.

The exciting, young full-forward, who took out the Coleman Medal, with 78 goals in the 2010 home-and-away season, edged out Tiger captain Chris Newman in a thrilling Jack Dyer Medal count held in the Palladium Ballroom at Crown this evening.

Riewoldt polled 210 votes to win by six from Newman on 204 votes, with Brett Deledio, winner of the past two Jack Dyer Medals, in third place on 193 votes.  Dustin Martin underlined the impact he had in his debut season by finishing fourth with 159 votes, while in fifth place was Shane Tuck, who continued his remarkable run in the Jack Dyer Medal.  It was Tuck’s sixth top-10 finish in six full seasons of AFL football with the Tigers.  Shane Edwards, who received the Club’s Most Improved Player award, was sixth, while Trent Cotchin, despite missing four games late in the season due to suspension, finished seventh.

It took Riewoldt until Round 9 to take the lead in the 2010 Jack Dyer Medal count, which he did, courtesy of a top-class, six-goal effort in a losing side against Essendon.  The 21-year-old then racked up the votes in the following few rounds, scoring a perfect 25 for his outstanding, match-winning 10-goal display against West Coast at the MCG in Round 12.  Riewoldt had a comfortable 14-vote lead after Round 15, but by the end of Round 19, Newman had worked his way in front.  The Tiger skipper still held a slender lead after Round 20, but a brilliant seven-goal performance by Riewoldt, in the Round 21 loss to St Kilda at Etihad Stadium, was the clincher.  Riewoldt regained the lead and did enough in the final round to hang on to claim his first Jack Dyer Medal.

Throughout the 2010 season, Riewoldt scored three goals or more 14 times, and four goals or more on eight occasions.  From Round 8-15, he kicked 43 goals, which was the highest individual total in a consecutive eight-game period by an AFL player since Essendon’s Matthew Lloyd in 2001.  Riewoldt was ranked No. 1 at the Club for total marks (123), No. 1 for contested marks (54), No. 1 for marks inside-50 (79) and equal No. 5 for tackles (68).

Newman enjoyed his best season of league football in 2010 and his second placing in the Jack Dyer Medal was his highest finish in the Club’s Best and Fairest.  The Tigers captain averaged 19.5 disposals per game in his 21 appearances and had 20 disposals or more 12 times.  He was ranked No. 2 in the rebound-50s category at the Club (79), No. 5 for total disposals (410), No. 4 for total marks (101), No. 6 for inside-50 entries (52) and equal No. 5 for tackles (68).

Deledio had an excellent season, in a new role under coach, Damien Hardwick, as a rebounding half-back.  The 23-year-old veteran of 128 league games had 20 disposals or more 20 times.  He was ranked No. 1 at the Club for kicks (302), No. 2 for handballs (254), No. 1 for total disposals (556), No. 2 for total marks (116), No. 1 for inside-50 entries (76) and No. 1 for rebound-50s (93).

Martin had an instant impact in Richmond’s midfield throughout his debut season of AFL football.  The 19-year-old averaged just over 20 disposals per match in his 21 games, and had 20 disposals or more 11 times.  He was ranked No. 1 at the Club for clearances (97), No. 3 for total disposals (425), No. 2 for inside-50 entries (74), No. 2 for contested possessions (179) and No. 4 for tackles (70).

Tuck didn’t earn senior selection at Tigerland until Round 3, but he quickly made up for lost time with his customary vote-catching form.  The 28-year-old averaged 25.5 disposals per game in his 20 appearances and had 20 disposals or more 16 times.  He was ranked No. 3 at the Club for kicks (227), No. 1 for handballs (283), No. 2 for total disposals (510), No. 2 for clearances (92), No. 3 for inside-50 entries (66) and No. 1 for tackles (103).

The voting system for the Jack Dyer Medal is, as follows . . .

After each game, the five members of the Club’s match committee cast votes for each of the team’s 22 players.

Each player receives zero to five votes from each coach, so the most an individual player can poll in a match is 25 votes.

Five votes are awarded for an outstanding performance, four for an excellent game, all the way down to zero if the player is well beaten on the day.

Other award winners announced at the 2010 Jack Dyer Medal night were:

Bill Cosgrove/Harry Jenkins Best First Year Player:  Dustin Martin
Francis Bourke Award:                                     Chris Newman
Michael Roach Award for Leading Goalkicker:       Jack Riewoldt
Most Improved Player:                                     Shane Edwards

Kevin Bartlett Medal  (5th place in the Best and Fairest):  Shane Tuck
Fred Swift Medal  (4th place in the B & F):                    Dustin Martin
Maurie Fleming Medal  (3rd place in the B & F):               Brett Deledio
Jack Titus Medal  (2nd place in the B & F):                    Chris Newman
Jack Dyer Medal  (1st place in the B & F):                     Jack Riewoldt

Following, is a list of the top 10 vote-getters in the 2010 Jack Dyer Medal:

2010 Jack Dyer Medal
1st    Jack Riewoldt        210 votes
2nd    Chris Newman       204
3rd    Brett Deledio         193
4th    Dustin Martin        159
5th    Shane Tuck          153
6th    Shane Edwards      151
7th    Trent Cotchin        131
8th    Kelvin Moore          123
9th    Jake King              117
10th   Daniel Jackson      114

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/101724/default.aspx

Tigermonk

« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:48 PM »
l really warm to his mention about the assistant coaches. That statement is very important to everyone  :clapping
anyway Congratulations to Jack Rewoldt & may he have many good years ahead  :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Jack takes Jack (RFC)
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2010, 11:23:29 PM »
Bill Cosgrove/Harry Jenkins Best First Year Player:  Dustin Martin
Francis Bourke Award:                                     Chris Newman
Michael Roach Award for Leading Goalkicker:       Jack Riewoldt
Most Improved Player:                                     Shane Edwards

2010 Jack Dyer Medal
1st    Jack Riewoldt        210 votes
2nd    Chris Newman       204
3rd    Brett Deledio         193
4th    Dustin Martin        159
5th    Shane Tuck          153
6th    Shane Edwards      151
7th    Trent Cotchin        131
8th    Kelvin Moore          123
9th    Jake King              117
10th   Daniel Jackson      114
Hard to disagree with the top 10 and the other awards. It was always going out of Jack, Newy and Lids from the top 3. Perhaps Cuz a fraction stiff not to squeeze inside the top 10. The good sign for us is most of the top 10 has plenty of footy ahead of them in the future. A great effort by Martin especially as a first year player to finish 4th.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2010, 11:24:05 PM »
well done ramps :thumbsup

love to take the credit but it was someone elses handy work using my nicname

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2010, 11:37:04 PM »
Well done to Jake King.....played only 15 games and came in 9th

It just proves 12 months is a long time in Football.My personal opinion of Jake ability has changed dramatically.

He has gone from being a real backline liability to forward line "spark plug".I love him.
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2010, 12:07:44 AM »
As smokey said during the count Tucky was another one who turned his fortunes around after coming into the season on the scrapheap and wasn't in Dimma's original plans. A top 5 finish is a top effort from him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2010, 12:09:43 AM »
Thoroughly deserved Jack!

Awesome year bleeds yellow and black!!

Great medal duo a Coleman and Jack Dyer! Makes it even better silencing the hidious thoughts that you are lazy or lacked potential (mainly Collingwood members) nothing more ridiculous!

We always believed in ya Jack!

Looking forward to 2011 with another Pre Season behind him and Griffo fit and a pre season aswell, can't wait to see more transformation in 2011!! :gotigers

Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2010, 12:13:23 AM »
Awesome effort by Martin 4th in first year, still can't believe some thought he was a wrong pick.. Lolol dear o dear how funny does that seem now..

Shane Edwards thoroughly deserve most improved!

Interesting Jack got more votes than Lids in the last game? I thought Lids was better than Jack
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2010, 02:10:58 AM »
What a night!
Dusty what a way with words he has.
Such attitude I love it.
Polo said in his own words "I think I'm gone"
The nicest bloke there tonight was  farmer, a real good kid to chat with.
Told him to stop fluffing around and kick the stuffing thing.
Spoke to foley about his Achilles and he said he wasn't even close to playing this year. Really worrying injury that, fingers crossed.

The only downfall is those big plates and small servings. What was that entree what a joke!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »
Well done Jack. Thoroughly deserved. Well done to King and Tuck as well.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2010, 07:24:32 AM »

The only downfall is those big plates and small servings. What was that entree what a joke!!

Agree the chicken (which was very nice Jack ;D) could have run around the plate headless and still had plenty of room. As for the entree - one mouthful and I was done with it

It was a good night

From the "casualty ward" = Edward's in a sling, Webberley on Crutches, Astbury a slight limp, Benny Griffiths said his shoulders are coming along well,  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2010, 09:09:47 AM »
What a night!
Dusty what a way with words he has.
Such attitude I love it.
Polo said in his own words "I think I'm gone"
The nicest bloke there tonight was  farmer, a real good kid to chat with.
Told him to stop fluffing around and kick the effing thing.
Spoke to foley about his Achilles and he said he wasn't even close to playing this year. Really worrying injury that, fingers crossed.

Great post Daniel!

Had a big laugh about Dusty his attitute is amazing too everyone on Richos farewell it was just a get stuffed get out of my way lol I didn't mind it in fact I liked it. Shows his on field aggression and style isn't fake.

He looks to get on well with his team mates which is the main thing but not a very chatty bloke lol! Be interesting how long before the media start asking questions and pointing the finger, I hope they don't make an issue out of it.. He's a gun

Farmer was tanked the last time I saw him will make the effort to have a chat, chance to speak to our Skipper? I'm still blown away at how good of a bloke Newman was and howprofessionally he speaks about the RFC and things in general.. Heart and soul for mine
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »
LOL nice quote down the bottom there Pope.  Did Monk really say all that?  IM shocked!
Lots of people name their swords......

TigerTimeII

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2010, 09:34:08 AM »
polo is gone and its all his own fault

martin according to garry hocking, we have seen nothing yet, and im looking fwd to seeing dustin get real angry he is the package and wont hold back if push turns to shove!!!!1