Author Topic: Tigers vs Port game thread  (Read 7020 times)

Ramps

Re: Tigers vs Port game thread
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 07:02:37 PM »
RFC made an absolute mint today IMHO - lost the game, got the cash, great 2nd half but it was a performance that allows Hardwick to continue to demand hard work, the 1st half performance was disgraceful! Grimes, Taylor and the Irish Man all did well and all have futures based on todays effort!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 07:27:43 PM »
RFC made an absolute mint today IMHO - lost the game, got the cash, great 2nd half but it was a performance that allows Hardwick to continue to demand hard work, the 1st half performance was disgraceful! Grimes, Taylor and the Irish Man all did well and all have futures based on todays effort!

Exactly what my mate said. The result launches us into the pre season with believe but with no arrogance or self satisfaction and the desire to improve.

Go Tigers!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »
That game drew an extra 10,000 that would not have a membership and wouldnt normally go to games.

IMO we made at least $150,000 extra from todays game.

Cuz has been a massive result for our Footy Club.

Il tell you what something else this gameme. Cotch is our next captain. He is a born leader that bloke.
That group huddle at half time on the 50 linereal captain stuff.

Ooh well welost. so be it. Season a success. Dimma a big tick so far.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 08:06:49 PM »
what was the goal reversal decision paid for, was it obvious?

Wasn't obvious BJ, needed a slow down replay to see what the maggot saw.  Basically 2 players manhandling each other in the goal square as the ball came in, both guilty, no advantage to either, ball spilled to Taylor who goaled and the maggot got his 5 minutes in the sun.  Once again, fistings to the left - and we were on the left of some disgraceful umpiring all day - again.  Thought that this was the worst display of maggoting across the board that I have seen all year - some of the decisions were just gob-smackingly unbelievable and went against us about 80/20.

Tigermonk

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 08:10:39 PM »

Wasn't obvious BJ, needed a slow down replay to see what the maggot saw.  Basically 2 players manhandling each other in the goal square as the ball came in, both guilty, no advantage to either, ball spilled to Taylor who goaled and the maggot got his 5 minutes in the sun.  Once again, fistings to the left - and we were on the left of some disgraceful umpiring all day - again.  Thought that this was the worst display of maggoting across the board that I have seen all year - some of the decisions were just gob-smackingly unbelievable and went against us about 80/20.

watching it now old fella, l will belt Geish for you next round l get  ;D

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 08:13:10 PM »
I'm with you Smokey. I hate the biased,cheating show-boating maggots so much, I would happily poison their drinking water if I could.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »
I don't usually bag out the umpires but they made a lot of poor decisions today that cost us the game collectively and probably individually. The goal line decision was the worst of them but the Gourdis mark which was snatched from behind and resulted in a goal was a close second.Others included many missed too high decisions.

If the decisions were equally poor towards each team I won't mind so much but today it was definitely biased. Maybe the umpires didn't get the script for the day  ::)

Stripes

tony_montana

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 08:49:34 PM »

Exactly what my mate said. The result launches us into the pre season with believe but with no arrogance or self satisfaction and the desire to improve.

spot on

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2010, 08:51:31 PM »

watching it now old fella, l will belt Geish for you next round l get  ;D

That would be much appreciated my old mate!  :whistle

Tigermonk

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »
everyone says how bad we played in the first half. Scores were level 1/4 time. l think we should applaud how well Port played in the 2nd cause they controlled the game. Impressed with the fight back by the young cubs & would have to say the umpiring overall was pathetic for both sides at times & not being biased but we copped it more again.
Rodan doing circle work again at times & have to say l had a laugh  ;D Schulzs  :shh Meyer  :shh thanks Port  ;D

Online hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »
first half was ugly ... way too many handballs in the middle plus trying to weave between the opposition ... made me and more importantly, alot of our  die hard supporters WILD. the second half was something else ... a real gutsy effort ... thought we were in for a long afternoon but it was a great job by our young blokes. Looking at our backline, the only guy that showed consistency throughout the whole game was kelvin moore. Put in a solid effort at almost every contest. McGuane/thursfield would have made things alot easier for us. In fact the team we had today was a very inexperienced side compared to the teal power. Regardless of that... the umpiring was a consistent disaster. I've read posters here complaining about the rough deal we get and today was 100% confirmation of that. Those RED MAGGOTS today proved just what a critical impact they can have on a game ... ill bet that port player that copped a free when we should have hit the front will be watching that replay laughing his t@s off.

But although we lost today ... i still puffed my chest out and took heart in the effort Ben and all the boys put in today, and this season in total. Stuck it up the so called experts that had us winning ZERO games. I bought a membership for the first time this year and ill be renewing it again next year.

Go tiges...

jackstar is back again

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 11:19:39 PM »

Collins had hold of a jumper, certain free unfortunately

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2010, 07:00:43 AM »
Agree with Hyperlite.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2010, 07:09:35 AM »

Collins had hold of a jumper, certain free unfortunately

Not when they are both holding Jack, play on.  Watch the replay, the Port player has hold of Collins arm for most of the tussle.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 07:19:25 AM »
Yeah smokey, but it's the fist full of jumper that stands out to the umpires and if they see that then they have to pay a free kick.

Feels weird agreeing with Jack.  ;D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI