Author Topic: Tigers vs Port game thread  (Read 7023 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Port game thread
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2010, 07:52:20 AM »
Yeah smokey, but it's the fist full of jumper that stands out to the umpires and if they see that then they have to pay a free kick.

Feels weird agreeing with Jack.  ;D

If Collins didn't grab the jumper would he have got the free do you think?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2010, 08:00:09 AM »
Yeah smokey, but it's the fist full of jumper that stands out to the umpires and if they see that then they have to pay a free kick.

That first full of jumper didn't bother them for weeks when it was Jacks jumper the rotten halfwits...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »

That first full of jumper didn't bother them for weeks when it was Jacks jumper the rotten halfwits...

I'll tell you something for a fact. Those maggots see what they want to see. If the situation was reversed and we found ourselves in Adelaide with a Port player kicking a goal to put them in front after a 9 goal comeback you can be sure as hell the goal would have stood.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
I was sitting on the fence in aisle 31.
had same view as the umpire.
If he didht have his jumper it would of been play on and we goal.
Umpires have been very consistent all year when they see the jumper being 'stretched ""
They have been inconsistent when players arms have been grabbed around each other.

Would say that Troy Taylors both misses and Rances miss from 15 metres were very costly
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:15:31 PM by jackstar is back again »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2010, 01:39:09 PM »
had sane view as the umpire.
Umpires have been very consistent all year when they see the jumper being 'stretched ""
They have been inconsistent when players arms have been grabbed around each other.

Totally agree - I think if he hadn't of grab the jumper it would have been play on as they both locked arms to begin with

Would say that Troy Taylors both misses and Rances miss from 15 metres were very costly

I think the Taylor one in the final qtr when he was running in under no pressure was the one - that was a shocker
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »

I'd say the 2nd qtr when 22 players were seen spectating from the 3rd tier was pretty costly.
Go Tigers!

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »

I'd say the 2nd qtr when 22 players were seen spectating from the 3rd tier was pretty costly.
I'd say having one of the 22 players obviously not fit, but taking his place on the field cost us too. I thought that the club was bigger than any individual?

Richo didn't get a send off game and he would never have taken to the field if he wasn't right to play out THE WHOLE GAME.

I think that Sunday was fantastic for the Richmond Footy Club but if the focus was on winning, then a slightly different 22 would have taken to the field. If the focus wasn't on winning then why are we whinging about why we lost?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »

No, I think it would have been play on as others have said they were both locking arms.

As for all the unnoticed ones against Jack I agree, but I don't go for this caper of the umpires ignoring what they see just to screw Richmond over. The umpires just miss it for whatever reason.

The umpiring decision that got my goat was when Brogan(?) pinched the ball out one of our players hands(Goo?) from behind and still got the paid the mark.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »

I'd say having one of the 22 players obviously not fit, but taking his place on the field cost us too. I thought that the club was bigger than any individual?

Richo didn't get a send off game and he would never have taken to the field if he wasn't right to play out THE WHOLE GAME.

I think that Sunday was fantastic for the Richmond Footy Club but if the focus was on winning, then a slightly different 22 would have taken to the field. If the focus wasn't on winning then why are we whinging about why we lost?

21 possessions in 50% game time probably silences that argument.

Nearly 40k Richmond supporters were watching in a tribal atmosphere, people have a right to be disappointed in the 2nd half.

You take away Cousins and 20k rock up and no1 cares how bad we played.

The comeback was awesome was thinking today when Taylor kicked that goal I think I nearly hit the roof with the biggest fist pump of all time lol.

Jumping pulling or not, happens in every contest, give the benefit of the doubt to the forwards - That'll always be my view. We wanna see goals kicked.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2010, 02:36:05 AM »
Here's the game highlights on youtube (5 mins):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBN6APyKWl4

And extended 2nd half highlights (14 mins):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDODA_vDCAc

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2010, 07:12:06 AM »

How could Richo get a farewell game? He retired post season!
I also believe that having Cuz out there was the only thing that drove our young and very tired looking team to get so close, they were doing it for him!
Besides, who would you replace a half fit cousins with? Jordy or Polo?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2010, 07:12:25 AM »
I thought Tuck had a below standard game on Sunday and now the news is out that his brother had a drug overdose on Friday night.  Wonder if that had some impact on his game?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 08:37:40 AM »

No, I think it would have been play on as others have said they were both locking arms.

As for all the unnoticed ones against Jack I agree, but I don't go for this caper of the umpires ignoring what they see just to screw Richmond over. The umpires just miss it for whatever reason.

The umpiring decision that got my goat was when Brogan(?) pinched the ball out one of our players hands(Goo?) from behind and still got the paid the mark.
But Al, we are right out of our league! The umpires have made that clear.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 09:04:41 AM »

See the disconnect here Al (and also the reason I believe it was a shocking game-changing decision)?  As you state/believe - if Collins had not 'held' his opponent by grabbing his jumper then it would have been play-on because both players were 'holding'!  So you are saying that there is holding and there is holding?  Any wonder the state of umpiring our great game is at the lowest point I can ever recall.  And I do agree with you that the jumper tug is a visual thing but that's just my point - holding IS holding, regardless of the bloody way it's done and if those over-paid, M & M coloured, protected, prancing horses can't adjudicate correctly on such a simple act as holding another player then what hope do we have?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 09:11:58 AM »
My issue is that the defenders OBVIOUSLY hold forwards to fool their attempts to mark not the other way around, that should be clear to the umpires.  A forward does not lock his arm with a defender, he wants it clear to attempt to mark.  He did try and pull the guy off of him and that's the jumper pull, but the arm lock...that is what poos me, if he was stronger like Jack and pulled away a bit you would of seen what we see in Jacks case, the two hand grasp the arm..which is also ignored.