Author Topic: Number changes for 2011?  (Read 3275 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Number changes for 2011?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:09 PM »
Apparently Nason is getting 13
he said at bnf

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18929209&postcount=6

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »
Lets just leave number 12 alone for another year please! :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 11:25:23 PM »
Lets just leave number 12 alone for another year please! :)

I think Martin deserves it... and it saves all the kids with number 12 on tehre backs money form buying a new jumper :)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 08:20:44 AM »
yep, not the silliest idea ive heard...though I reckon no 4 has a nice ring about it...following in the tradition of Geoff Raines
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 09:09:20 AM »
yep, not the silliest idea ive heard...though I reckon no 4 has a nice ring about it...following in the tradition of Geoff Raines

Sacrilege Mr Jangles!!   >:(  The immortal R. Hart is the keeper of #4 - Raines merely wore it for a while.   ;)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 09:43:11 AM »
Does one year of good form constitute 'earning' a number?! I think players should wait at least 3 years before I would consider them for a higher standing in the team. Otherwise we will have a situation such as with Thursfield where he had one good season, showed lots of potential and so took the No. 2 jumper. If we only look at one years worth of form then last year players such as Nahas would have received a high number.

If we are trying to make receiving high numbers an honour then players need more than one years worth of promise and good form to claim it.

Just my opinion of course

Stripes

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 10:22:17 AM »
WGAF!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »

Sacrilege Mr Jangles!!   >:(  The immortal R. Hart is the keeper of #4 - Raines merely wore it for a while.   ;)

yeah ok smoke, thought his 3 x B&F put some claims on it, though forever tarnished for walking out on us,  :bow
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »

yeah ok smoke, thought his 3 x B&F put some claims on it, though forever tarnished for walking out on us,  :bow

:lol

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 02:32:33 PM »
Does one year of good form constitute 'earning' a number?! I think players should wait at least 3 years before I would consider them for a higher standing in the team. Otherwise we will have a situation such as with Thursfield where he had one good season, showed lots of potential and so took the No. 2 jumper. If we only look at one years worth of form then last year players such as Nahas would have received a high number.

If we are trying to make receiving high numbers an honour then players need more than one years worth of promise and good form to claim it.

Stripes
Thursfield played 3 seasons in 36
Remember Gaspar was still using it for a while when he came to Richmond

jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 03:05:53 PM »

Stripes
Thursfield played 3 seasons in 36
Remember Gaspar was still using it for a while when he came to Richmond

Gas was Wills mentor.
They were close outside footy and still are

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 04:48:51 PM »

Fair point Stripes although I don't think you can have a harden fast rule either way. That's why I believe only Martin should get a lower number if he wants to change. You can tell when some kids have the talent that they won't be one season wonders. Nahas on the other hand had a decent debut year but IIRC he didn't finish in the top 10 of the B&F last year.

ps. As Infamy said Thursty wore #36 from 2005-2007. After showing promise in last 6 games of 2005 he did his knee in round 2 of 2006 so his first full season was 2007.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 06:53:44 PM »
Only one for me

#4 Martin

Another year for our other cubs to cement themselves in our best 22 first.

Agree
Go Tigers!

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 08:16:11 AM »
Only one for me

#4 Martin

Another year for our other cubs to cement themselves in our best 22 first.

Agree

Agree , with the only other one that could IMHO would be Nason. The rest need to work hard to be top 22 every week before changing.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!