Author Topic: Richmond Vs Bombers  (Read 66031 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Richmond Vs Bombers
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
No and I don't particularly want to.

PNGQ as far as I am concerned you are only as good as what your opponent lets you.

I just got home from the G and as far as I am concerned my view of the bums has not changed.

I just felt the Weagels were fortunate they were playing Nought at home last week after the brutal game they had against us and the injuries to key men not just soldiers were going to tell on them.

I am confident that our pressure today in the first second and last quarter sustained on their players will present us with an opportunity to crack open the egg and feast on the goo inside. To think we can't compete against them is an indictment on us and we are more than competitive based on the evidence we have shown this season.

Next week Vickery if fit must play and we will see a ripper of a game much like we saw Dreamtime 2006. I also think that there full paced run game backing up from a hard ground underfoot like Etihad will present disadvantages for them. We have finished off games well all year. We can outrun them and we can match them physically. It's how we adapt to it mentally and to the 85K that will be there next week.If the game is close in the last quarter we can overrun them. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »

PNGQ as far as I am concerned you are only as good as what your opponent lets you.

I just got home from the G and as far as I am concerned my view of the bums has not changed.

I just felt the Weagels were fortunate they were playing Nought at home last week after the brutal game they had against us and the injuries to key men not just soldiers were going to tell on them.

I am confident that our pressure today in the first second and last quarter sustained on their players will present us with an opportunity to crack open the egg and feast on the goo inside. To think we can't compete against them is an indictment on us and we are more than competitive based on the evidence we have shown this season.

Next week Vickery if fit must play and we will see a ripper of a game much like we saw Dreamtime 2006. I also think that there full paced run game backing up from a hard ground underfoot like Etihad will present disadvantages for them. We have finished off games well all year. We can outrun them and we can match them physically. It's how we adapt to it mentally and to the 85K that will be there next week.If the game is close in the last quarter we can overrun them. :thumbsup

Mate too many 18 year old scotches to read and answer this... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »

West Coast were due for a loss. No Nic Nat no Kennedy and lost some structure.

Essendon are a very overrated side. Media very friendly towards them.

The thud is going to be loud next week when they fall.

They are an average side that is currently playing above average footy. They are not a top four side.
We'll see next week.
I wish I was as confident but I can't be.
Watching the bombers now and they don't have many holes that I can see all the boys seem to be playing for each other and the skill level looks great.
Back line look big and strong. Don't have any butchers in the midfield and their forwards are exciting and look very quick.
They also have a great coaching staff and a winning culture. 
If anything I think we will have to play "above" our abilty to win.

The glass is not half full but its not half empty.
If you think Essendon has a winning culture. Since when?
If your talking since 2004 where they have gone through 3 coaches.
Sure they look good but is nobody taking into account West Coast has been woeful tonight also.
We are not playing the 2000 Bombers. SUre they have played alot of nice footy this year but they are beatable. What I love about tonights win the Bombers are going to have and what it shows is the evenness of the comp. We can beat them this week.
Sure Geelong don't have the same aura they have had in recent seasons and even though Adelaide won by 50 points today I still firmly believe that in September especially 1.Essendon does not have a footy style that is sustainable and 2. Adelaide are harder to beat than what Essendon are. I firmly believe this. Mark my words.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »

Sober up. :lol :rollin :lol

Have a scotch for me while you're at it. :thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 09:51:16 PM »

I applaud your confidence  :clapping :clapping
a team can only beat the team that's playing them and I don't think the bombers have done a thing wrong this year.
Big games against carlscum and the pies and we know they didn't cringe in either game.
Our record is dreadful when it comes to big game matches and I'll go to the game not expecting to win and (because of history) wouldn't be suprised if it's all over by quarter time.

I really really really really hope your right though.  :pray
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 09:56:21 PM »
This old Richmond whilst we still haven't played finals still lingers in the thoughts and minds of fans and the footy public but the manic pressure I saw today in the first half was not token but a real acquired skill that has been taught to these players. For once RFC players are showing an accountability and a diligence to completing set tasks that we have not seen for years. It's not about confidence it's about the quality of the product that I am seeing and for once the product is fresh, bold, crisp and refreshing. Rather than focus on the good of others focus on our good and the quality of what we have and maybe just maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
Awesome, pikked the bombres.... nice and ripe for the tiger pickin nek week

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »

They are an average side that is currently playing above average footy. They are not a top four side.

We'll see next week.

Would have to disagree Tucker

If anything the Pies maybe not Bombers.

Hurley will come back in next week.

IMO i  say we will open at $3 to win this game. Will be our toughest game for the year.

Beating this mob is like beating the Blues. Hate them both equally.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 10:33:42 PM »
The most obvious difference between us and the Bombers having watched them tonight is that when they smell blood they go straight for the jugular, we on the other hand go looking for a first aid kit. We really have to get a killer mentality when we control a game instead of forgetting what gets us in front in the first place. With the Bombers next week we have to maintain attack or else our sideways chipping around is going to cost us big time, they are very quick and turnovers will be goals in the blink of an eye.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 10:39:37 PM »

We'll see next week.

IMO i  say we will open at $3 to win this game. Will be our toughest game for the year.

cant see the similarity, we've actually beaten ESS in recent years ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
I know wce had some major injuries and I confidently tipped the bummers, but poo they were impressive tonight. They run very very hard. This will be our biggest test so far.... but we'll beat them  :thumbsup our a grade attacking midfield is working hard both ways now

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »
As impressive as the bums were tonight they are overrated IMHO.
I'm more convinced on the Crows than the bums.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »

We'll see next week.

cant see the similarity, we've actually beaten ESS in recent years ::)

too right we did but i am sure they had some outs. Could be wrong but im sure one of their A graders werent playing, just cant remember which one.

We wont get blown away just cant see us getting up, especially if Hurley comes back in as i expect him to
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 12:38:45 AM »
Don't mind the new dreamtime guernsys, however I much prefer last yrs.
I'm hoping that essendon will have over inflated egos, and being underdogs the boys can rise to the occasion and pip this mob. We will need vickery if fit cos maric will need the help in the ruck. That way he can have a chop in the back as well.

Wanna see the bomber band wagon lose its wheels next saturday
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16:31 AM »
http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64792 :scream :scream

I will genuinely LMFAO when we smash these wackos next week.

Please, please... let everybody BE QUIET this week. Listen to their reasons why they will beat us, why we're apparently "crap" and all the rest of it and just take some enjoyment next week.

4 vital players returning from injury next week... oh, but wait - we have nobody to drop. Tough decisions.

But PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... let Hardwick and the rabble faithful talk themselves up all week. They will. And it will be hilarious.

Home game for us at the MCG. Beautiful.

I want Jobe to call Richmond a percentage booster in the press conference
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH