Author Topic: Richmond Vs Bombers  (Read 66039 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Richmond Vs Bombers
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »
My take

65 inside 50's 10 mins in the second we are 6 goals 2 late in the third we are 10.16. We kick 5.8 in the third when we are dominating. Bad kicking at goal costs you games. Collingwood lose by 21 8.16 lose to Cats and Eagles with same scoring shots lose by 19 tonight with one more scoring shot.

Umpiring was deplorable. I could count at least 5 goals the umps had a hand in for them and we got squat in similar scenarios.

Unfortunantely we couldn't take our chances and pee pooped our way with the ball.

Big game failure again. Not without trying. 5 years ago if we were 7 goals down in the 2nd we would have lost by 15 goals. Effort is there and of course its better than losing by plenty but like a marathon that last kilometre or so seems the longest part of the journey and it seems that breakthrough win just remains agonisingly out of reach for now.

Just feel real hollow right now.

Tigermonk

« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2012, 01:09:49 AM »
Our mistake was playing Rewoldt & the biggest mistake was playing 1 ruckman when we needed 2 & having them rest in the forward line

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2012, 01:10:26 AM »
Here we go again. We were/are better than them blah blah.

Facts.
We had more contested possession and much more inside 50s (66-48).
We didn't win.

Winners win and losers lose.

You cant just flick a stuffing switch and say yep now we start winning. From where we've come, it's good signs we can flog the form team of the comp all over the ground. It's bloody hard to win against top sides and we've played the top 5 or 6 so far. If we keep doin what were doing we'll win more than we lose. We just need to win a few and the belief will grow. We are growing as a football side rapidly but we are now realising it's easy being competitive week in week out, but not easy wining week in week out. we will learn
yes I agree with what your saying but i'm sick of it. Why is it that the bums don't bottom out for 10 years? 
I can't stand this crap anymore. I'm sick of losing. I'm sick of not playing finals. I can't stand mediocre second rate VFL players playing in our team. It's taking too long. The standards are still way too low at our club. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2012, 01:12:20 AM »
Our mistake was playing Rewoldt & the biggest mistake was playing 1 ruckman when we needed 2 & having them rest in the forward line
so you drop a Coleman medalist and bring in the big pear or the big girl?

Tigermonk

« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2012, 01:13:21 AM »
Takes time to build a team who can play together & play to several game plans. Relax as we are on the right track & the best shape we been in for many years

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2012, 01:19:43 AM »

Facts.
We didn't win.

You cant just flick a stuffing switch and say yep now we start winning. From where we've come, it's good signs we can flog the form team of the comp all over the ground. It's bloody hard to win against top sides and we've played the top 5 or 6 so far. If we keep doin what were doing we'll win more than we lose. We just need to win a few and the belief will grow. We are growing as a football side rapidly but we are now realising it's easy being competitive week in week out, but not easy wining week in week out. we will learn
yes I agree with what your saying but i'm sick of it. Why is it that the bums don't bottom out for 10 years? 
I can't stand this crap anymore. I'm sick of losing. I'm sick of not playing finals. I can't stand mediocre second rate VFL players playing in our team. It's taking too long. The standards are still way too low at our club.

Rome was built in a day was it Mr Tigra?

Can't blame Hardwick for the sins of past regimes.

Hardwick thus far has put us in the best position we have been in years and he will enhance our position in future drafts.
Tell us how old you are truthfully and I'll tell you about the agony of a tiger supporter not these 15 year old pubeless maggots called Heath, Brad, Kyle, Blake, Josh, Thomas, Owen, Connor who bleat ruefully about how they haven't seen finals in their life.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2012, 02:01:17 AM »

Facts.
We didn't win.

Hardwick thus far has put us in the best position we have been in years and he will enhance our position in future drafts.
Tell us how old you are truthfully and I'll tell you about the agony of a tiger supporter not these 15 year old pubeless maggots called Heath, Brad, Kyle, Blake, Josh, Thomas, Owen, Connor who bleat ruefully about how they haven't seen finals in their life.
i'm not blaming Hardwick. I'm just sick of the acceptance of substandard players. I know why Miller was rookied but I won't accept him playing in our senior team. Nanas has done well for himself but we will never play finals with those guys in our senior team. Why is the big pear Or the big girl still on the list? They haven't made it and never will.
I like Hardwick has done well but has to change mediocre culture.
I'm 41. Was there in '80 & '82. 

Who are those people you named?
And I don't understand half the banter on this forum. Way over my head. Is it because i'm old? 

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »
People need to relax a fair bit here and take a deep breath.Yeah I'm gutted to and upset but we a young side and don't have those core of experience of players yet to get us over the line yet when it counts it takes time.Proud of the boys they dug deep.

Must say wasn't happy with our forward line structure all game didn't function at all and work hard enough.Miller he may do the small things right but he cant kick to save himself while Jack was going half hearted for marks and not on his bike.That last quarter was calling for him to do something to get us over the line.We also made some poor decisions going forward in the last quarter just bombing in the forward line instead of hitting a man.Bad kicking cost you games and it did last night with so many set shots missed in the second half.Grimes was one of a few for us BOG just love this guy and he adds to our big man injury list we a cursed with.Umpiring was one of the worst games I have seen hands in the back,ball etc cost us so many frees.6 umpires and 6 different views on frees.

Finally let me say Vickery might have not been playing to his best 2012,but boy does he hurt our balance and structure.He reliefs Maric in the ruck and does it well and is a target up forward forget about Miller.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2012, 07:40:18 AM »
People need to relax a fair bit here and take a deep breath.Yeah I'm gutted to and upset but we a young side and don't have those core of experience of players yet to get us over the line yet when it counts it takes time.Proud of the boys they dug deep.

so are the bummers. But they will play finals AGAIN this year.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »
Simple fact from the game, our midfield was on fire, our Defence was pretty solid, our forward line??? Deplorable!! Most of our goals were kicked by the midfield. Edwards, cotch lids and grig kicked most of our goals. Nahas had brain explosions that cost us. Miller had hands like butter and king spent most of the night impersonating a 2 dollar hooker. Forwards, take a GHLAY

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »

Facts.
We didn't win.

You cant just flick a stuffing switch and say yep now we start winning. From where we've come, it's good signs we can flog the form team of the comp all over the ground. It's bloody hard to win against top sides and we've played the top 5 or 6 so far. If we keep doin what were doing we'll win more than we lose. We just need to win a few and the belief will grow. We are growing as a football side rapidly but we are now realising it's easy being competitive week in week out, but not easy wining week in
week out. we will learn

i'm not blaming Hardwick. I'm just sick of the acceptance of substandard players. I know why Miller was rookied but I won't accept him playing in our senior team. Nanas has done well for himself but we will never play finals with those guys in our senior team. Why is the big pear Or the big girl still on the list? They haven't made it and never will.

And I don't understand half the banter on this forum. Way over my head. Is it because i'm old?

I am your vintage and what I cannot get my head around is that after 30 odd years of consistently crap teams, coaches, administration and boards you pick now to say you are "sick of it"
 Round 1 2009 was a significant night for me.
It was the night I basically gave up on the club and it's hollow promises.
I didn't just blame Wallace but also the president, players, board etc for their continued selfish approach to ripping our club of respect from other clubs and it's supporters due to their collective self serving approach to running and playing for our club.
Sure there were some exceptions but by and large he club was full of self interest.
Since that night, I've decided to wait and enjoy the game and our club on a week by week basis without looking too far ahead.
The thing I look at closely is whether the club does what it says it's going to do.
Removing debt, upgrading facilities, hitting membership and profit targets, being more competitive against top 4 sides, having a stronger defensive mindset, list management etc are things I look to in priority to winning games of football.
2001 and 2nd half of 2008 taught me a lesson about looking at the wins/losses sheet in isolation to anything else.

Right now, I would say we are absolutely on track in most of the areas the club has identified as priorities.
I wouldn't look much further than next week because I'd expect even dollops of gains and disappointments of this year and beyond.
But right now, if I look back over 2 1/2 years and the 1st 8 rounds -as a Richmond fan- I would say
we are on track.

If you are truly sick of it, play golf mr tigra. Get frustrated with yourself. Maybe following the tigers isn't the real reason you are so wound up  :santa
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »

Facts.
We didn't win.

You cant just flick a stuffing switch and say yep now we start winning. From where we've come, it's good signs we can flog the form team of the comp all over the ground. It's bloody hard to win against top sides and we've played the top 5 or 6 so far. If we keep doin what were doing we'll win more than we lose. We just need to win a few and the belief will grow. We are growing as a football side rapidly but we are now realising it's easy being competitive week in week out, but not easy wining week in
week out. we will learn

I am your vintage and what I cannot get my head around is that after 30 odd years of consistently crap teams, coaches, administration and boards you pick now to say you are "sick of it"
 Round 1 2009 was a significant night for me.
It was the night I basically gave up on the club and it's hollow promises.
I didn't just blame Wallace but also the president, players, board etc for their continued selfish approach to ripping our club of respect from other clubs and it's supporters due to their collective self serving approach to running and playing for our club.
Sure there were some exceptions but by and large he club was full of self interest.
Since that night, I've decided to wait and enjoy the game and our club on a week by week basis without looking too far ahead.
The thing I look at closely is whether the club does what it says it's going to do.
Removing debt, upgrading facilities, hitting membership and profit targets, being more competitive against top 4 sides, having a stronger defensive mindset, list management etc are things I look to in priority to winning games of football.
2001 and 2nd half of 2008 taught me a lesson about looking at the wins/losses sheet in isolation to anything else.

Right now, I would say we are absolutely on track in most of the areas the club has identified as priorities.
I wouldn't look much further than next week because I'd expect even dollops of gains and disappointments of this year and beyond.
But right now, if I look back over 2 1/2 years and the 1st 8 rounds -as a Richmond fan- I would say
we are on track.

If you are truly sick of it, play golf mr tigra. Get frustrated with yourself. Maybe following the tigers isn't the real reason you are so wound up  :santa

I did give up in 1998 and again in 2002 and again in '03, '05, '07. Etc.
Well I've been pretty tame for a number of years to be honest. But now i'm probably a bitter old man just sick of the same old clubs finding success year in year out and the culture at Richmond never seems to change.
But your 100% right about 1 thing.... I need to play more golf.  :cheers

Gigantor

« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2012, 11:38:32 AM »
If last nights game highlighted one thing..the culture does appear to have changed.Now lets see if this lasts

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »

Bump

Possies:

Lids    19
Cotch  15
Grigg  14
Maric  13
Dusty 13
Foley  13
Jacko  11
Tuck    11
Edwards 10
Houli    10
Conca    8
Grimes   8 ..... (subbed off 2nd qtr injured)
Rance    7
Nahas    6
Batch     5
Newy     5
Morris    4
Dea       3
Jack      3
King      2
Miller    2
Ellis      0  ....... (subbed on 2nd qtr)

Total:  181 - 212
Marks:  55 - 61
Hitouts: 15 - 19
Tackles: 29 - 20 .... chasing tail
Frees: 2 - 8  ::)
Inside 50s: 29 - 28