Author Topic: A Laughing Stock Once More - Discuss  (Read 12934 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: A Laughing Stock Once More - Discuss
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 08:47:59 PM »

Just one more quick question oh club of mine is the $500k really worth this pain and disrespect that members have had shoved down their throats today?

Just curious

$500k.

How much is the loss going to cost the club in FTF donations, memberships for the remaining few weeks and next season?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »
WP
I feel for all supporters

Jack as you know alot of people have come up here for this game but seriuosly you really have to question why we bother

My mail is this
Players treat it like a holiday
Cafes shoppIng etc
Suns weren't sited in the lead up
Work it out

10 FLAGS

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 08:49:09 PM »
If we dont see some player sackings in the next 2 weeks then they arent fair dinkum at Richmond and they are just taking the mickey out of the supporters IMHO  :help

the claw

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »
Can't be bothered reading all the posts
In a nutshell .we haven't improved
ppppffffttttt. all today has showed is we have no depth. want for experienced  and enough good players with enough games under their belts, it also showed we lacked enough quality all these things were clear as day at the start of the yr.
it has always been patently clear we would struggle when injuries/suspensions etc kicked in.

club has improved enormously in lots of areas both on and off field. the angst only comes from those who have had unrealistic expectations.

hmm did we or did we not lose this fixture last yr. it was never a monty to win this given what has happened the last 3 or 4 weeks.
all of this sudden anger is a bit over the top it just shows how unrealistic peoples expectations have been.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2012, 08:53:28 PM »
Can't be bothered reading all the posts
In a nutshell .we haven't improved
ppppffffttttt. all today has showed is we have no depth. want for experienced  and enough good players with enough games under their belts, it also showed we lacked enough quality all these things were clear as day at the start of the yr.
it has always been patently clear we would struggle when injuries/suspensions etc kicked in.

club has improved enormously in lots of areas both on and off field. the angst only comes from those who have had unrealistic expectations.

hmm did we or did we not lose this fixture last yr. it was never a monty to win this given what has happened the last 3 or 4 weeks.
all of this sudden anger is a bit over the top it just shows how unrealistic peoples expectations have been.

get off my thread claw - no need for logic right now. Im working over time here to try and get it up to 100 posts  :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »
WP

I feel for our families.

Investing time, effort, money, hope into a footy club that whilst improving right now my last point seems very hollow when I could be out with my wife and daughter or playing with my daughter or visiting friends.

Us fans who take the time out of our lives to fit the RFC into it and to only get skata and the annual heartbreaking loss to a much worse on field side than us and then have all the propaganda machines at the RFC coming out to try and resell the hard core message all the fans seem to hear but never get to experience.

I think the RFC needs to take a good hard look at it. 1.5 million over 3 games but the losses in itself have killed our seasons. Not worth the trouble Benny.

You want to make a mark RFC with the 52000 members and reserved seat holders and the fan coterie groups 11 home games in Melbourne at the home of football and no games in Geelong.
That is the starting point. As Kevin Costner was told by Ray Liotta in Field of Dreams "You build it and they will come" there is your start point.

No gimmicks, no 19th man crap we know how passionate we are but this aint 1973 Preliminary Final or Grand Final Day or Windy Hill 74, no FTF and put my name on the banner, why will they read it or will the players ask about rank and file supporter X and how he cam to make his or her contribution, no fan this or fan that. Make our fixture fan friendly for a start and start filling the holes in the list and making the tough on field decisions and ensure the duds who have failed the club over and over again and envelop the failure when they play never play again.

Why recruit a draftee if he will be a project for two years and then he may get a go. DOn't play these Graham types and draft kids who will play senior footy and will be able to step up. Give the kids the confidence and the experience. Would rather fail trying than fail hearing so and so is in Coburg 2nds so and so is at Coburs 1sts so and so is buying hamburgers from the RElton Roberts caravan just play the kids and keep the failures at Coburg until their time runs out. We did it with Jordy in 2010.

I do not want to see Graham in an RFC jumper again. I know he is contracted till 2013 but I do not even want to see him in the 2013 team poster. Enough of these nothing players list cloggers who have failed the club over and over again.

15-20+ year members deserve better than this.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2012, 08:58:02 PM »

My mail is this
Cafes shoppIng etc
Work it out

Sorry Jack your mail is wrong. How wrong i am not sure but Suns been up here doing alot of promo stuff too. Hotel staff were waffling on about it to me when i was checking in
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »
The club is the laughing stock of the AFL
I will spew up if the players are on twitter next week talking about there golf lessons at the house of golf etc

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »
junk...served up pure junk...thought we'd done the "hard work" (with one decent quarter) and switched off again...too many passengers (apologies to Lids and Cotchy & Co who busted/regularly bust their guts)...

you need a squad of 25 - 30 to really push for finals and we once again showed that we lack depth & quality

unfortunately means that we will now have to go through another couple of months of debating about who we will and who we should delist....still too many spuds and cupcakes on the list....
...the fighting fury...

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2012, 09:32:15 PM »
off to Punt Road with my dog richo and with whats remaining of my slab, to drop the biggest poo on their front door step

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »
Seen it all b4 and will see it again. Feel for the players who stood up. Makes the Connors, Martin decision a big deal, as it really showed we have no quality players to promote. Thank god jackson didnt play, we would have lost by a lot more!!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »

We are a laughing stock - Discuss!
That's why it hurts so much because we are, was literally laughed at in the streets of cairns tonight from idiots that have no idea about football, f u Richmond f u
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:56:28 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2012, 11:24:27 PM »
Flags
I am glad I don't work there anymore
As I have send in the past
All about egos
NOTHING has changed

So are we! Your part to blame for the position the club is in...Fact

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »
Tank time
It's all over Coburg tried hard today
I'm sick of Melbourne rejects and DimSim for a coach
Thanks again for the cOn rfc
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2012, 12:07:40 AM »
WP

Jack as you know alot of people have come up here for this game but seriuosly you really have to question why we bother

My mail is this
Cafes shoppIng etc
Work it out

im sorry this innuendo does
nothing to help the club.