Author Topic: Movies  (Read 63976 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Movies
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2013, 08:57:10 PM »
Cracking movie is moon. Saw it at Rivoli and definitely in my top 10 faves  :clapping

Gigantor

« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2013, 10:31:27 AM »
Off to the rivoli last night to see the movie "Performance" As an aside the whole cinema complex was more or less empty.I wonder is it the tuff economic times or just a dearth of good movies(6pm screening).
Anyway the movie starred Christopher walken ,Phillip seymour Hoffman ,christine keener,and the delightful, imogen poots ,and Mark Ivanir.
The movie centres around the goings on in a famous string quartet.I would describe the movie as a drama/comedy,with some interesting twists and turns throughout.
I must admit i kept getting distracted by christopher walken ,who has a very low key,measured ,role in this movie,nevertheless he is the gel of this group of individuals and by  my reckoning the star.
I would give this movie

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »
G, I took my two kids the other week to see "The Croods" and for the three of us, tickets 1 adult, 2 children, a choc top & regular drink each and a shared popcorn cost
me $98.00!!!! So there is no wondering why cinemas are becoming empty. 

Gigantor

« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2013, 06:57:03 PM »
Saw on DVD last night the movie.."the perks of being a wallflower"..Wasnt expecting much other than a coming of age movie.However i was more than pleasantly surprised.Dont know any of the actors other than Emma watson.All the characters in the movie were complex individuals which allowed for a lot of empathy for them..Although the characters were mostly senior high school age i think the movie dealt with issues far more complex than just that..great movie,i give this

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »
If you get a chance to watch a movie called "Leave" grab it. It is one that has you contemplating long after it is finished.

Finally got around to watching it, definitively a good watch. Got some bad reviews from what I saw but I thought it was good. You were right not giving people any details as I tried to explain it to my brother but it was very very difficult without giving anything away

Ruanaidh

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »
If you get a chance to watch a movie called "Leave" grab it. It is one that has you contemplating long after it is finished.

Finally got around to watching it, definitively a good watch. Got some bad reviews from what I saw but I thought it was good. You were right not giving people any details as I tried to explain it to my brother but it was very very difficult without giving anything away
Glad you like it.

dwaino

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2013, 10:24:29 AM »
So I added Donnie Darko to my bluray collection on the weekend and watched it again for probably only the first or second time since it first came out. I watched the director's cut version since I had already seen the theatrical version and apparently the director's cut explained a few more things. After I watched it I decided to jump online and once and for all read exactly what happened. But I still have one massive question that no where seems to explain. I reckon it will be down the ally of a few here.

(Highlight following for spoilers)
So the jet engine was the artifact from the tangent universe and Donnie being the receiver and charged by Frank, the manipulated dead, to die and fix the timeline. Fair enough he goes back, dies, and everything is fixed. But it was the same jet engine that killer him. Is this jet engine again an artifact from a tangent universe and once again the primary universe doomed?

gerkin greg

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2013, 11:03:46 AM »
Some things don't have to entirely make sense, I just thought Darko was a cool movie

Slightly OT, I remember a poster on another forum said they thought Pulp Fiction was poo and turned it off half way through because it didn't make sense, much LOLs to be had  ;D

Saw Iron Man 3 the other day, meh, not bad, good for some eye candy, flies along at a good pace, engages the popcorn hand more than the brain

Gigantor

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2013, 07:08:53 PM »
gerks eye candy in the movie? or were you casting an eye in the cinema itself?

gerkin greg

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »
The CGI bro

I think there was also some jug on jug action but I've already forgotten most of the movie

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »
Watched a good film on Foxtel tonight.

Return to Paradise.

It's quite an old film and I dare say most of you may have seen it,  but if you haven't do so  its a good flic.

Movie about some friends who get into trouble in Asia.

Good cast
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
can anyone suggest any movies to see this long weekend?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »
Watched an excellent movie on the flight over to Perth on Monday called "The Impossible"

It starred Naomi Watts who was nominated for an Oscar for her performance IIRC and Ewan McGregor and is based on true story of a family that survives the Tsunami in Thailand and their fight to be reunited after the Tsunami. Though it was terrific,

Think I'm supposed to give it Bill Collins

I give this one

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2013, 04:15:07 PM »
Naomi Watts AND Ewan McGregor you say?

:chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck 1/2

I'm assuming they both die horrific deaths which is why you enjoyed it?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2013, 04:35:32 PM »
Naomi Watts AND Ewan McGregor you say?

:chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck 1/2

I'm assuming they both die horrific deaths which is why you enjoyed it?

Can't say but there is certainly alot of blood and gore which I am sure you'd enjoy

Special effects used for the Tsunami hitting the resort in Thailand were amazing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)