Author Topic: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]  (Read 118888 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
this kid goes alright just quietly  :shh

On what basis do you make this claim?

He has never been so much as registered at a footy club. Has never played in a game.

I have no problem with this stab in the dark, but no need to talk complete rubbish at this stage.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
this kid goes alright just quietly  :shh
well if thats your mail then its certain that he doesnt go alright. lock it in.

Bojangles dodgy mail strikes again.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
i know i come across negative all the time. in fact lately i am , i question if i should even be posting on our sites im tht dismayed in the direction the club has taken.
thing is i really have to question this.
an 18 yr old whos never played the game.  yet we could ignore youngsters like darcy cameron.  we can give a rookie spot to one of our players cousins a kid who hasnt played the game yet we can ignore, and not even rookie  young ruckmen who have come thru elite systems  and who show plenty ffs cameron for instance was touted as the best young ruckman going around last yr.

look i can live with giving ivans cousin a go he may have some potential. but at the same time i sure as hell hope we can target and rookie list a young FOOTBALLER  like darcy cameron at the same time.
i can see it now, the recruiters and list manager sitting around the table and they go,  we dont have to look at any other ruckmen we have the 18 yo basketballer whos ivans cousin  hes bound to make it.
C'mon claw, aren't you the same bloke that advocated we mortgage the jack dyer stand to trade in this kid goes alright just quietly  :shh
whats your mail on big ivan
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
He is an elite basketballer with very transferable skills with height and size to contest with the best ruckmen going around. He has a great attitude and ready made mentor (who is family, plays in the same position and is a great character) to fast track his development and we get him for nothing!!.

Where's the down side here?! His greatest difficulties would be his kicking and running to position/the lines. His jump, ruck work, body work in close during ruck duels, handballing and movement in congestion and marking will all be AFL standard if not better being an elite basketballer.

Pike came through as a rugby player who had even more deficiencies than this kid.

Could be a huge find but regardless I can't see how people could be negative about this. I think its become habit for some at the moment

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
He is an elite basketballer with very transferable skills with height and size to contest with the best ruckmen going around. He has a great attitude and ready made mentor (who is family, plays in the same position and is a great character) to fast track his development and we get him for nothing!!.

Where's the down side here?! His greatest difficulties would be his kicking and running to position/the lines. His jump, ruck work, body work in close during ruck duels, handballing and movement in congestion and marking will all be AFL standard if not better being an elite basketballer.

Pike came through as a rugby player who had even more deficiencies than this kid.

Could be a huge find but regardless I can't see how people could be negative about this. I think its become habit for some at the moment

Wot he said.

:thumbsup

Haters gotta hate.

:lol

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Well if Scott Pendlebury and Gary Ablett is anything to go by, basketball skills go very well with Australian Rules

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
I've just sent the RFC a pic of my nan. She reckons she wants to play AFL next year. Now I realise she's 72 years old and has never played footy before but she's built like a brick sh*thouse and when she the kicks her dog's arse it goes flying out the door so she's definitely got a good hoof on her. She's also a gun bingo player and it's well documented that they always adapt well to AFL.
 Pretty sure the tiges will be impressed and rookie list her for next year. Keep your eye out folks. We might've found one.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame

Well said :clapping

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I've just sent the RFC a pic of my nan. She reckons she wants to play AFL next year. Now I realise she's 72 years old and has never played footy before but she's built like a brick sh*thouse and when she the kicks her dog's arse it goes flying out the door so she's definitely got a good hoof on her. She's also a gun bingo player and it's well documented that they always adapt well to AFL.
 Pretty sure the tiges will be impressed and rookie list her for next year. Keep your eye out folks. We might've found one.

Would be an upgrade on Hampson

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
3 pages on an 18 year old..... Drama.
Get back to work, FFS
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Would be an upgrade on Hampson

So would my other nan......and she died 10 years ago.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
International rookie selection, pretty shrewd pick up by the tigers........again.... :shh

If you have do this  :shh

Can you please at least get the bit about what type of rookie he is right? You know the actual facts

He isn't an International Rookie Selection. He is a B Rookie - which means because he has never been registered at Local AFL Rules club anywhere in Australia he doen'st have to go through the draft process. It has nothing to do with being an international rookie  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

On the surface I dont like it because you cant have recruiting done this way ie. a player recommends his cousin for a gig IMHO is not on, on the other hand the boy is a fantastic size for a ruckman, his still very young and we could probably spend 2 or 3 years developing him as a ruckman, so he has potential, that hes a basketballer should also mean that he has some athletic ability. Lets hope it works out but seriously ... this type of recruiting shouldnt and must not become the norm. Its bordering on dead set amateurism.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
204cm 106kg 18 year old.   I will take that any day of the week.  We need a monster and this kid could be it.  If he has half the heart of his cousin, he will be a super recruit.

Sometimes you have to ignore the negatives and judge a press release on its merits.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

Haters gotta hate.

Get a load of ol' 65 trying to be "down with the kids"...
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.