Author Topic: Hardwick's press conference - Thurs 07-08 / The season's not finished for Tigers  (Read 1515 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VIDEO: Dimma's press conference today ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-08-07/hardwick-press-conference-august-7th

-------------------------------------------------------

The season's not finished for Tigers: Hardwick
Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
August 7, 2014 11:33 AM

DAMIEN Hardwick says Richmond's last two months have started to atone for a disappointing start to the season but has emphasised the importance of the Tigers finishing the year strongly.

While the Tigers' five straight wins leaves them a mathematical chance to play finals, they're not focusing on that possibility ... just yet.

After accepting they didn't cope with injuries to key players early in the season, Hardwick said they now had to ensure they maintained their recent form.

"We've got to beat some good sides coming home and the season's not finished for us. We've just got to make sure we win as many games as we can and more importantly play a brand of footy our fans, supporters and members are proud of," Hardwick said on Thursday.

"Our players have to lead from the front in that area and they've started to make some real in-roads with that but we've got to make sure we continue to deliver on the big stage."

Focusing on Friday night's clash with Essendon took priority over their resuscitated finals hope this week, with Hardwick conceding a lot had to go right for them to make up the two games that currently keeps them out of the eight.

He said they would go into the game confident of putting in a better effort than they did when they lost to the Bombers by 50 points earlier in the season.

"We're probably in a lot better form than we were earlier in the year in regards to this game and they're a really good side," he said.

"They handled themselves pretty well against Sydney, which is a tough ask at the best of times let alone up at the SCG.

"It's going to be a really tough game, they're very good clearance wise, getting the ball outside to their numbers, and if they get the game on their terms they're capable of hurting us.

"We've just got to make sure defensively we're attune and get the game based in a manor we'd like."

Hardwick said the Bombers had enough depth to cover the loss of forward Patrick Ambrose and Jake Carlisle if he didn't come up from a sore leg.

Defender Steven Morris is a chance to return from a hand injury while midfielder Dan Jackson is likely to miss another week.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-07/the-seasons-not-finished-for-us

dwaino

Bring Jacko back just to deck someone.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
"DAMIEN Hardwick says Richmond's last two months have started to atone for a disappointing start to the season"

CRAP, nothing will "atone" for that display!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
"DAMIEN Hardwick says Richmond's last two months have started to atone for a disappointing start to the season"

:clapping

Agree

Scary isn't it?  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

x 2  3

Edit:  beat me to it WP!   ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
What about a premiership?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

:clapping

Agree

Scary isn't it?  ;D

:lol.... I had to read your comment twice....actually 10 times... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame

Winning the premiership will atone for it. just sayin'

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

his pathetic isn't he?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame

Two words -   fools gold
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

To win a premiership one must make finals..... just sayin'  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame

To win a premiership one must make finals..... just sayin'  ;D

hahahaha touche. But I'm just sayin' if the world went topsy turvy and we won a premiership this year I will forgive the messing with Jack Riewoldt, playing Arnot out of position, taking his sweet time elevating Miles, persevering with the hammer, saying our A graders needed to lift, not playing the kids, etc

Everything I just mentioned won't be forgiven if we just fluked it into the finals

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame

It's comments like that which would make Bomber smirk.
I hope I'm wrong but this week is starting to feel like a familiar build up......
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
it's like, you know the prime minister is a stuffwit AND you know there's nothing you can do about it except medicate, try and sit back and tune out
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:29:46 PM by WilliamPowell »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
it's like, you know the prime minister is a stuffwit AND you know there's nothing you can do about it except medicate, try and sit back and tune out

Some people would call that a great night out...each to their own I guess.   :-\

More importantly, how bad is the PR rubbish coming out of the club of late? Geez Geez

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:30:10 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018