Author Topic: Seth Campbell [merged]  (Read 4748 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Seth Campbell [merged]
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2024, 10:04:28 PM »
Another excellent effort today.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2024, 09:50:16 PM »
After three games of AFL football, Campbell is averaging 12.0 disposals, 5.3 contested possessions, 2.7 marks, 1.0 goal, 4.3 score involvements, 2.7 inside-50s, 2.3 tackles and 269.7 metres gained per match.

Among potential AFL rising star nominees, he is ranked No. 3 for goals per game, No. 5 for metres gained per game, No. 6 for score involvements per game, No. 6 for tackles inside 50 per game, No. 7 for marks inside 50 per game, No. 8 for inside-50s per game, No. 8 for clearances per game and No. 10 for contested possessions per game.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1514874/seth-shines-on-the-big-stage

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2024, 07:32:32 PM »
Equal most inside 50s for us with 8.

Seth's game today:

14 disposals (11k, 3h, 5c, 9u, 42.9 eff.)
2 marks
1 tackle
8 inside 50s
2 intercepts
416 metres gained
3 score involvements
1 goal assist
1 behind
81% time on ground

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2024, 07:34:35 PM »
They just have to keep playing this kid

What find he has been
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 08:42:03 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2024, 08:29:56 PM »
Another real solid performance i think he could play mid field for us as well.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2024, 08:35:20 PM »
Is perfect where he is. Looked great and opportunities to make a huge mark on this game but snuffed a couple of relatively easy shots on goal
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2024, 08:50:07 PM »
A find
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2024, 07:34:21 PM »
Seth Campbell has forced his way into Richmond’s senior side in 2024.

The Tasmanian small forward battled injuries last year which restricted him to just five VFL games and as a rookie draft selection, not many expected him to come on so quickly.

After five games, the 19-year-old is third at the club for inside 50s with 19, has provided four goal assists (equal third with Dustin Martin), and is equal seventh for score involvements with 19.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/10/your-afl-clubs-most-improved-player-so-far-in-2024-and-biggest-surprise/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Seth Campbell - Young Tiger EYES TRIGGER (AFL Site)
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2024, 09:37:30 PM »
YOUNG TIGER EYES TRIGGER

RICHMOND rookie Seth Campbell will trigger a contract extension after the Tigers' early-season bye.

The 19-year-old was limited to just five VFL games in his first season at Punt Road due to injury and only secured an extension in September.

But after a strong pre-season, new Richmond coach Adem Yze rewarded him with a debut and has played the Tasmanian across the first six games of the 2024 season.

Campbell kicked two games against Gold Coast in Opening Round and has shown he can handle the intensity at AFL level since then, rewarding the club’s faith in him last year.

Seth Campbell snaps through his first goal at AFL level to give his side a much-needed major late in the second term

Richmond is expected to rework an extension in the coming weeks for Campbell and reward the small forward with a two-year deal.

Tigers GMs Blair Hartley and Tim Livingstone have a number of list management decisions to make this year on a wide range of premiership players.

Dustin Martin, Dion Prestia, Dylan Grimes, Toby Nankervis, Kamdyn McIntosh and Jack Graham are all out of contract.

Unlike the names above, Liam Baker is not a free agent but is out of contract and is weighing up his future.

While those decisions will take time, Campbell's early-season rise has taken care of one piece of list management for Richmond. – Josh Gabelich

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110336/swans-big-contract-call-lions-table-offer-to-mid-tigers-trigger

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #54 on: Yesterday at 04:26:43 PM »
Is perfect where he is. Looked great and opportunities to make a huge mark on this game but snuffed a couple of relatively easy shots on goal

Na would be a very good mid why pencil him in as only a forward when he could be so much more.

If i thought he had the tank, atm id be wanting him to play on a wing instead of the two ancient has beens we keep picking there.